Training Personal Records Part 3

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
RDL World Record:

Awesome. What’s your bodyweight at now Storm?

back is healing up nicely. hit a deadlift PR. my best attempt at this variation is 545 with the doubled bands. this is 565 with doubled bands…felt very comfortable. next week i’ll take these up to somewhere between 585 and 600. the bands were pulling so hard down at the top that you had to let the bar go or it would rip the callouses right off your hands.

hit a few bench PR’s tonight

bench press against bands
505x1 + 10lb PR

floor press- legs straight, long pause

495x1 + 20lb PR- this was a grinder

titan ram close grip bench press

545x1 + 10lb PR

^holy fuck

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:
^holy fuck[/quote]

What’s your training like now Meat? Do you just go after 3 max attempts every week?

[quote]frankjl wrote:

^holy fuck[/quote]

What’s your training like now Meat? Do you just go after 3 max attempts every week?[/quote]

I just know he needs to quit hogging all the PRs.

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
RDL World Record:

Awesome. What’s your bodyweight at now Storm?[/quote]

280-285… any heavier and none of my gear fits.

[quote]frankjl wrote:

^holy fuck[/quote]

What’s your training like now Meat? Do you just go after 3 max attempts every week?[/quote]

my training is fairly simple. i have four separate days dedicated to overhead pressing, deadlift, squat and bench. i train with four week cycles. i pick variations based off of what i think needs work. my main ME lift is typically a supramaximal lift using either bands, chains, limited ROM, foam or boards. the progression is typical linear progression. i keep a very detailed training journal and when i start a cycle i look back to see what my current PR is on that variation. i start the first week typically with a weight that i hit on the third week of the last time i did that cycle. hopefully i then match my past PR on the second week and then for the third and fourth weeks i shoot to set a new PR. over the years my CNS has matured and i get a lot out of singles and doubles. i typically work up to that now but shy away from going to a true max or failing. depending on the cycle i will then do another ME variation or switch to assistance work. i do a lot of high rep circuit stuff for hypertrophy and recovery from the heavy crap.

i only train three days a week and try to get a week in between the big four.

Easy Paused Bench PR @170

That bench was legit clutz - 2x bw bench at 170 - damn!

This morning - 405x5 Romanian Deadlifts!

… I hit 6 PR’s yesterday…

660 squat+140lbs of chain
405lb seated good morning for 6 reps
655 front squat hold for 8 seconds
4’3’’ kneeling broad jump
44inch seated box jump

One Pound burritto, reuben burger, 20 wings, plate of chicken nachos, tons of fries, and one terrified waiter.

now thats PR eating ^

lol, a terrified waiter.

probably thought he was next

It was a moderate stance parallel box squat with 345lb straight weight and 50lb chain. Belt only.
335x1 a new record itself
345x1 a record to beat the record 5 or less minutes prior; I thought I was going to explode on this one or something.

And:
205 for 8 reps on front squat.

425x11(or more, list count) deadlift. Previous PR was 4 or 5.

this thread inspires me

[quote]patrick4588 wrote:
this thread inspires me[/quote]

YOU INSPIRE ME!!!

TWO deadlift PRs tonight. This doesn’t happen often, but then again I don’t pull for reps often. 545x5 and 565x4.

Rep pr. 570 x 2 in the deadlift

Nice pulls guys!

Hit my projected bench opener tonight, 255 paused which is a PR and then hit 295x1 off a 3bd PR.