T Nation

Training Partners, College, And Juice

Hello T Buds. I have recently began weight lifting, about 5 months to be exact. I started as a skinny little fucker 145-150 and have ate/lifted my way to 175-178. Still gaining weight/strength and everything is good. I got my head on right, eat big and eat good, and lift like a mad man in the gym. I train at my college with 2 or 3 training buddies, the dilemma is that two of my older training buddies are juicing big time.

Although I certainly dont care and am well informed on the subject of AAS I am an extremely competitive person and hate being beat. Im 19. My training partners are both 20 and the third is 19 (freshman like me / not “juicin”). These guys are really good friends of mine, I hang out with them, lift with them, and eat with them. Training with them is motivating and Im not the type to say “Well your just big cause your on roidzz man” these guys eat big, and lift big day in and out. At 19 it shouldn’t even be in my mind but seriously its fucking tempting especially when seeing someone nearly my age with the same commitment as me crush me in the weight room day in and out. Any one have this sort of dilemma? Thoughts, comments, whatever…

Do you homie

dude just think about it like this. are you lifting to look all good and tough for your buddies? OR lifting for yourself, and future chicks u may bang (assuming your not the ghey) and possibly for longevity?

anabolics are def good, but i have a feeling you or your buddies don’t know how to stack properly and are gonna face the huge side effects.

duuuude. you seem like an intelligent kid. DO NOT DO IT. number 1 it takes some one with lots of knowledge on the topic to get it right, and, I would not recommend takes roids at 19!! years old. It just isnt a good idea. Let them get huge and hae rediculous testosterone levels now and then in 15 years meet up and see who is in better shape.

[quote]chuckaboo86 wrote:
dude just think about it like this. are you lifting to look all good and tough for your buddies? OR lifting for yourself, and future chicks u may bang (assuming your not the ghey) and possibly for longevity?

anabolics are def good, but i have a feeling you or your buddies don’t know how to stack properly and are gonna face the huge side effects.
[/quote]

I lift because its enjoyable, I dont really care about looking any sort of way for girls (Im a pretty handsome fellow to begin with and never had problems in the lady department). Having my buddies out lift me deff sucks I wont lie about that. Stack wise, I think I am pretty well rounded enough to not go over board and run a right PCT. If I ever do take anything, which I probably would in the future I doubt it would be anything fancier then a test cycle along with maybe an oral probably a bombs or dbol for the first 3 or 4 weeks of the cycle. Longevity? Who lifts weights for longevity, this shit isnt yoga your lifting heavy ass iron I doubt anyone putting up respectable numbers does this for longevity.

Even with proper “knowledge” gained from research, you don’t fully realize the benefits, and also the potential detrimental side effects of AAS use until you really get into the game and experience it through usage. 19 is a bit premature, especially if you are gaining naturally. AAS use is not something to take lightly, so wait until you are sure you want to do it…preferably after years dedicated training and nutrition. Build a solid foundation first, which it looks like you are in the process of.

ha!! Plenty of people do it for increasing their lifespan, as well as their quality of life. It is a fact, if you lift heavy weights for a long time you will have a stronger heart, not to mention increased bone density and mineral count. Stronger connective tissue, decreased risk of yadda yadda yadda…

If you wanna juice, get another 2-3 years under your belt and put in the 100+ hours of research before taking the plunge. And even then, I would recommend waiting until you are 25 or older…

any particular reasons for waiting, it seems like the wait till your 25 things is kind of just a rule. i dont really believe in the growth plate bullshit. guys on my baseball team in high school were d bolin it at like 16 and they grew fine. i mean for someone that just wants a six pack, i dont see why AAS would be necessary but for some one trying to gain strength and get ahead. Why the wait. Am I just considered old enough at 25, why not 21 or 20?

Do it when you are ready. Ready means you understand the consequences and are prepared to deal with the possible problems. Problems that can occur at any age, but are certainly more to be concerned about as a teenager.

Is using AAS at 19 a bad idea? For sure. But you wont die. You may destroy your natural T production or you may not.

And it is an absolute fact (you will probably debate this, but in 2 years and onwards you will realize why you are wrong) that you dont know all you can know about how your body responds to certain things, diet and training wise. People dont discourage teenagers from using AAS because they are mean and want all the drugs for themselves. They do it because teenagers simply arent prepared for all the shit involved.

And there are plenty of good reasons to wait. People do in fact make better gains when they get closer to the natural potential.

do it. that’s what you wanted to hear I think

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Do it when you are ready. Ready means you understand the consequences and are prepared to deal with the possible problems. Problems that can occur at any age, but are certainly more to be concerned about as a teenager.

Is using AAS at 19 a bad idea? For sure. But you wont die. You may destroy your natural T production or you may not.

And it is an absolute fact (you will probably debate this, but in 2 years and onwards you will realize why you are wrong) that you dont know all you can know about how your body responds to certain things, diet and training wise. People dont discourage teenagers from using AAS because they are mean and want all the drugs for themselves. They do it because teenagers simply arent prepared for all the shit involved.

And there are plenty of good reasons to wait. People do in fact make better gains when they get closer to the natural potential. [/quote]

good post

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Do it when you are ready. Ready means you understand the consequences and are prepared to deal with the possible problems. Problems that can occur at any age, but are certainly more to be concerned about as a teenager.

Is using AAS at 19 a bad idea? For sure. But you wont die. You may destroy your natural T production or you may not.

And it is an absolute fact (you will probably debate this, but in 2 years and onwards you will realize why you are wrong) that you dont know all you can know about how your body responds to certain things, diet and training wise. People dont discourage teenagers from using AAS because they are mean and want all the drugs for themselves. They do it because teenagers simply arent prepared for all the shit involved.

And there are plenty of good reasons to wait. People do in fact make better gains when they get closer to the natural potential. [/quote]

Very good post and I agree with what you said about natural potential I kind of thought of it as well. ok heres scenario # 1 I juice now, hit an 8-10 week cycle my strength goes through the roof my squat ends up somewhere in the 400’s. scenario # 2 i wait, i squeeze all the strength potential i have as a natural for a few years probably working up to very respectable numbers in the near future 2-3 years and then juice and numbers go through the roof and maybe take a dabble in powerlifting when im done with school or towards senior year. i like the ladder. i dont plan on being “on” year round and most of this comes from this fetish with having supra physiological amounts of testosterone in my body more so then the benefits it self (kind of like how little kids eat spinach thinking their going to become super man). maybe im just being impatient but having the training partners that i do sure doesnt help. im not the kind of kid that trys every new advanced training program, diet, and supplementation. but i am very competitive but will indeed try to hold off on this. im glad your post was thought out, thanks for the feedback man. after reading a few of your posts i conclude that you have used enhancement, mind sharing what age you decided to take the plunge? Regrets, advice, “if i could do it over again kinda thing”? and props on the physique man your looking awesome.

I started using way too early. I woudl have waited much longer, knowing what I know now.

And not to shit on your goals but if your strength skyrockets and you only land with a 400+ pound squat you should DEFINITELY wait.

You have plenty of room to grow as a natural. Plenty. Actually it would be a failure if you didnt hit mid 400lb squat before starting, to be honest.

Stop training with your current partners. It seems like otherwise you’ll continue to be tempted until you give in and start using. At 19, with 5 months training experience, thats just seems to be a very bad idea.

Patience and research will always pay off more than rushing into something because your friends are doing it.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I started using way too early. I woudl have waited much longer, knowing what I know now.

And not to shit on your goals but if your strength skyrockets and you only land with a 400+ pound squat you should DEFINITELY wait.

You have plenty of room to grow as a natural. Plenty. Actually it would be a failure if you didnt hit mid 400lb squat before starting, to be honest. [/quote]

All very good points, Ive been training for 5 months and have worked up to a 315 squat. i thought it was pretty good. ill keep going. i will be holding off, for now. maybe 22 seems like a good age. really all about the numbers for me once my 3 lifts are respectable enough thinking near 5 plates for deads, mid 4 squats, and maybe high 3’s for bench, i will proceed. but with caution.

It’s just a fact that you’ll get more out of it as your experience grows and you learn your body BEFORE you hit the juice. That’s the bottom line as far as i’m concerned.

You can juice now, your body will respond in some way or another… but after only FIVE MONTHS OF LIFTING (which is still so far beyond basic that i’d say you still need to be working on form/technique lol) you will not be able to properly gauge what affects the AAS is having on you, how to properly tweek and adjust your doses to illicit the responses you desire, to gain insight and valuable feedback into your larger training protocol - because you are still clueless at training (at FIVE MONTHS, believe me you are).

My rule of thumb would be, do it when you hit a plateau. And that’s a deliberately vague term.

For all i care, you could be a male stripper, dancer, faggot, who parties 3 nights a week snorting hard drugs, only manages to hit the gym once or twice a week, and has no time/inclination for a clean diet, and is only interested in looking like BPIFC so that the gay boys can leer at your pecks all shaved and shiny up on stage - in which case, juice away, i’m sure you will have the most basically passable physique your desiring through AAS use in an effort to stave of the worst body (de)composition effects of the lifestyle you chose, which is non-negotiable as far as your concerned. Most guidos and disco fags fall into this category.

But if you’re serious about powerlifting. Then you owe it to yourself to master the sport as much as you possibly can before introducing drugs in an intelligent manner.

I have no advice to offer you as to whether juicing at 22 or 19 or whatever age, or what effects on that are as i don’t know enough about endocrinology. I feel, only BBB or Bill Roberts could answer that one on here.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:
It’s just a fact that you’ll get more out of it as your experience grows and you learn your body BEFORE you hit the juice. That’s the bottom line as far as i’m concerned.

You can juice now, your body will respond in some way or another… but after only FIVE MONTHS OF LIFTING (which is still so far beyond basic that i’d say you still need to be working on form/technique lol) you will not be able to properly gauge what affects the AAS is having on you, how to properly tweek and adjust your doses to illicit the responses you desire, to gain insight and valuable feedback into your larger training protocol - because you are still clueless at training (at FIVE MONTHS, believe me you are).

My rule of thumb would be, do it when you hit a plateau. And that’s a deliberately vague term.

For all i care, you could be a male stripper, dancer, faggot, who parties 3 nights a week snorting hard drugs, only manages to hit the gym once or twice a week, and has no time/inclination for a clean diet, and is only interested in looking like BPIFC so that the gay boys can leer at your pecks all shaved and shiny up on stage - in which case, juice away, i’m sure you will have the most basically passable physique your desiring through AAS use in an effort to stave of the worst body (de)composition effects of the lifestyle you chose, which is non-negotiable as far as your concerned. Most guidos and disco fags fall into this category.

But if you’re serious about powerlifting. Then you owe it to yourself to master the sport as much as you possibly can before introducing drugs in an intelligent manner.

I have no advice to offer you as to whether juicing at 22 or 19 or whatever age, or what effects on that are as i don’t know enough about endocrinology. I feel, only BBB or Bill Roberts could answer that one on here.[/quote]

I really hope I will grow into an experienced weight lifter with time. I know doing anything for 5 months wont make anyone an expert looking at other I would say the progress in terms of weight progression, muscle mass gained in the past 5 months is probably pretty rare. I was lucky to meet the lifting partners that I did that are pretty well informed on the subject and have both made pretty decent progress themselves. If someone wants to use AAS for means of body composition and they are not aspiring bodybuilders, well idk i have nothing to say about that (not my business) but my goals are clear and as I grow into a more knowledgeable weight lifter I cant see why using enhancement wouldn’t be justified in the future that is. I realize 19 is a bit young and my training experience or experience in weight lifting all together doesn’t justify my means. So I will be putting work in for the next few years to make AAS that much more rewarding when I do decide to bring them into the equation.

As a 21 year old steroid user, and one who had incredibly easy access to AAS when I was 19, here’s another vote to wait a few years.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
As a 21 year old steroid user, and one who had incredibly easy access to AAS when I was 19, here’s another vote to wait a few years.

[/quote]

= Your a dickhead , look at that i can post stupid shit too

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
As a 21 year old steroid user, and one who had incredibly easy access to AAS when I was 19, here’s another vote to wait a few years.

[/quote]

Thanks, any particular reason you would have waited if you could do it over?