Training Partner in Atlanta, GA (Emory Area)?

I am 27 and train Krav Maga, which is a martial art, but am looking to get into powerlifting.
I’m currently at 345 squat, 405 deadlift, 210 bench. I’ve always enjoyed lifting heavy.

Looking for a training partner to tear it up with, and feed off each other’s intensity.

Right now I am training at the Decatur YMCA, but elsewhere is cool too.

I’m over in Roswell and can only train after 7 PM generally, not sure if that would work. Currently without a training partner due to mine moving to CA. 445/535/275 right now but haven’t maxed out lately, getting ready for my first meet in Nov over in Duluth.

Go online and check out Quest nutrition. They are based out of that area and the owner, Sherman, can probably steer you in the direction of some of the world class powerlifters who live and train in ATL and some of the surrounding areas.

Geaux to hell LSU.

Sincerely an Ole Miss Grad.

I would respond in kind…but you already spent 4 years in hell for your degree.
So GEAUX BACK!!

Ah if I could I would, the glories of the grove, the beauty of the women, and a pleasant lack of cajun corn dog smell would make my heart warm. Add that to the lovely few wins we’ve been enjoying over you all for the last few years and it’d be a pleasant experience indeed. Sadly this season is just depressing. I’m not sure who has it worse, us or UGA in terms of misery.

If you’re willing to drive a bit there is a PL gym in Gainesville where I train with a whole crew of guys. There are a couple of elite competitors and a handful more national level guys on the team. About a 45-60 minute drive from downtown ATL. Check it out:

ironbeastbarbell.com

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I’m over in Roswell and can only train after 7 PM generally, not sure if that would work. Currently without a training partner due to mine moving to CA. 445/535/275 right now but haven’t maxed out lately, getting ready for my first meet in Nov over in Duluth.[/quote]

Where do you train? Roswell is about 40 mins from me.

[quote]strengthstudent wrote:
If you’re willing to drive a bit there is a PL gym in Gainesville where I train with a whole crew of guys. There are a couple of elite competitors and a handful more national level guys on the team. About a 45-60 minute drive from downtown ATL. Check it out:

ironbeastbarbell.com[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!.. your gym looks awesome! It’s a solid hour from me… can’t swing that during the week, but maybe on the weekend. I’m trying to find somewhere closer to intown Atlanta though if I can.

[quote]wakiki wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I’m over in Roswell and can only train after 7 PM generally, not sure if that would work. Currently without a training partner due to mine moving to CA. 445/535/275 right now but haven’t maxed out lately, getting ready for my first meet in Nov over in Duluth.[/quote]

Where do you train? Roswell is about 40 mins from me.[/quote]

I’m over at Fitness4U on alpharetta highway/mansell intersection. It’s commercial but they don’t give me too much grief.

Iron Nation Barbell trains at Body by George in Loganville. Matt Christie is the team captain and a carded pro on the all time to0 10s at 242. Iron Beast in Gainsville is an awesome facility. I’ve heard of some powerlifters training at Ropeman off 316 but have never been there. There has got to be something downtown but I haven’t heard of a powerlifter’s gym ITP.

[quote]enforcer237 wrote:
Iron Nation Barbell trains at Body by George in Loganville. Matt Christie is the team captain and a carded pro on the all time to0 10s at 242. Iron Beast in Gainsville is an awesome facility. I’ve heard of some powerlifters training at Ropeman off 316 but have never been there. There has got to be something downtown but I haven’t heard of a powerlifter’s gym ITP. [/quote]

There does seem to be quite a bit OTP but I am trying to find something ITP if possible. I have not found any powerlifting gyms per se ITP but I’m hoping to find someone who trains as a powerlifter at a gym ITP.

[quote]enforcer237 wrote:
Iron Nation Barbell trains at Body by George in Loganville. Matt Christie is the team captain and a carded pro on the all time to0 10s at 242. Iron Beast in Gainsville is an awesome facility. I’ve heard of some powerlifters training at Ropeman off 316 but have never been there. There has got to be something downtown but I haven’t heard of a powerlifter’s gym ITP. [/quote]

There does seem to be quite a bit OTP but I am trying to find something ITP if possible. I have not found any powerlifting gyms per se ITP but I’m hoping to find someone who trains as a powerlifter at a gym ITP.

Atlanta Barbell & Kettlebell Club in Duluth.

OP-

I train at LA Fitness Toco Hills and am open to checking out the Decatur YMCA. I’m currently competing in PL and OL. Best competition lifts are 440/215/425 at 220#.

Send me a PM and let’s discuss.

It’s a little bit of a hike for you, but Jon Grove has a gym and crew in or near Kennesaw. Some absolute beasts there; and they would be a wealth of information.