Training Partner Choice

i would’ve loved to train with either arnold or levrone in there primes.

Louie Simmons

Franco Columbu for me because of his incredible raw power with great form. I have his book, and some of the weights that he’s moving are frightening. One of these days i’m going to scan this one picture of him doing lateral raises with 105s. His elbows are only slightly bent, and his hands are WELL above his shoulders. He isn’t even grimacing. I know it’s an obscure exercise to judge strength but my god - that’s ridiculous!

Zlatan Vanev - just so much commitment and fearlessness in his training. Any time things aren’t going so well with my training I just have to dig out the Ironmind 1998 Bulgarian DVD and watch him try to C&J 210kg FIVE TIMES in a row, and only just miss the jerk each time.

Ghandi, that guy was totally shredded!

Mariusz Pudzianowski, so I could kick his ass all over that gym, Yeah!!!

Now that my daydreaming delusion has worn off, lol, I’d like to state that I’d love to train with King Kamali. I’ve heard he’s an excellent trainer, despite his ego probably needing to be sealed in a lead lined steel drum.

Of course training with Dave Mentzer would be awe inspiring, even if I would puke, which is probably what would happen.

Charles Poliquin or Pavel Tsatsouline. Poliquin seems like he could take me pretty far pretty fast. Probably also help me figure out which routine would work for me.

Pavel however would probably make me puke and think I was a piece of shit by the end of the day. At the same time I could really use some help with figuring the tricks to getting your nervous system to really crank up the volume.
But, seeing as I probably don’t have the money to go get some training from these people I suppose I’ll just have to keep using this sight like my Bible.

BTW anyone here at UWW and looking for a lifting partner?.. it was just yesturday that I was benching 315 and I had to ask someone for a spot, the guy wouldn’t do it though since he was afraid of the weight so he had a friend help him, although they never really need to do more then relieve like 10 pounds.

Ed Coan

Dave Tate