Training or Whatever You Call It

[quote]CEZAR wrote:
devilBASTARDdog wrote:
Hey dude, how’s the gym going? And for God’s sake, eat some more damn food. Don’t you have commisary benefits or can’t you sneak into a chowhall somewhere with your ID card?

DD

I would but the closest base is Luke AFB and it’s an hour away on the opposite of phoenix.

However I recently recieved a couple free cases of rockstar from a hookup at a local club. So that’ll add a couple hundred cals a day for a few weeks. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Semper Gumby. Carry on.

Today’s workout. An improvement from last week so i’m happy.

Workout
A1: Incline Press
4x6 145lbs, 1x3 145s
no rest
A2: Standing DB military press
3x6 80lbs, 2x8 70lbs
B1: Seat Row
1x6 160lbs, 4x6 170lbs
B2: Wide Pulldowns
1x8 140lbs, 4x8 140lbs.

Diet. I brought some rice and beans into the gym. I was planning to get some more food at the gocery store but didn’t make it due to some meetings. Also I lost my check card, so i’m out of money for the moment. What all the means is that so far at 9:35pm I’ve eaten 928 cals. I’m gonna try to eat some more before bed and try to bump that up to something closer to 2000.

Wensenday:

Conditioning day:

Me, chris and rodney spent any one hour with a 76lbs kettlebell. We only rested as long as it took the other guys to finish their sets. We did every exercise we could think of for “a bunch” of reps. The favorite was the sit-up with the KB and playing “hot potato” or as we called it “live grenade” haha.

I did get in 2200 cals, so HooRah!

King Can smell Fear…

We were messing around with some bands. We tied 4 blues and 4 greens together then secured them to a tree. We then attached the other end to a dip belt and sprinted as hard as we could in the other direction. After getting as far as you would get you would get slingshot or dragged back to the tree. Well we all went except for one guy. King happened to notice this. So he took it upon himself to call him out. He did this by humping him without mercy, calling him a pussy. He didn’t hump anyone else all day. Then the guy finally gave in and joined us. After this king stopped and just sat down next to him as a sign of respect if you will.

[quote]CEZAR wrote:
King Can smell Fear…

We were messing around with some bands. We tied 4 blues and 4 greens together then secured them to a tree. We then attached the other end to a dip belt and sprinted as hard as we could in the other direction. After getting as far as you would get you would get slingshot or dragged back to the tree. Well we all went except for one guy. King happened to notice this. So he took it upon himself to call him out. He did this by humping him without mercy, calling him a pussy. He didn’t hump anyone else all day. Then the guy finally gave in and joined us. After this king stopped and just sat down next to him as a sign of respect if you will.[/quote]

nice i remember those from D.C. bro way to keep em going

Phill

Okay, back with the log. The reason I haven’t posted in 5 days is cause due to unexpected events and being way too tired. I took a week off to rest.

I did do a few things recently though. We tied a few bands end to end then to a post and finnally to a dip belt. Then the fun part. Takeing off at full speed sprinting till the band snaps you back. Superset that with power cleans and you have some sort of a workout.

Now that you have all the proper equipment and environment, you’ll make a comeback in no time. I took the built my own gym route too but mine is just a home gym. I took 1.5 yrs off from lifting and school and worked a crap load of hours to start building my gym. It’s not much but I have the basics like power bars, power rack, GHR, chains, farmers walk, bands, specialty bars, heavy dumbbells, bumper plates, etc.

You should write an article about how you started your gym and get some more pictures in here.

[quote]Traps59 wrote:
Now that you have all the proper equipment and environment, you’ll make a comeback in no time. I took the built my own gym route too but mine is just a home gym. I took 1.5 yrs off from lifting and school and worked a crap load of hours to start building my gym. It’s not much but I have the basics like power bars, power rack, GHR, chains, farmers walk, bands, specialty bars, heavy dumbbells, bumper plates, etc.

You should write an article about how you started your gym and get some more pictures in here.[/quote]

I got the equipment and environment. Now I’m just working on getting the money for food. That shouldn’t too long. After that i’m set. :slight_smile:

I could write something up on putting it all together. Might be a good idea to document and an interesting story.

Rest day… Workout:

Nascar- a bunch of laps around the racetrack with all the chains, 2 45lbs plates and a keg. We started with just the chains and as we added weight people kept dropping off. One guy turned all pale and pucked, good stuff, lol. We took some video and will post it up on youtube shortly.

Saturday:

Conditioning work
4x100ft Arm over Arm truck pull

2x Truck pull/push superset 150ft each way

2x150ft Truck pull

This was a fun day. I may not be puttin on muscle cause of the lack of calories but I’m starting to get back in shape and strengh is returning. I was breathing heavy but better than when i was doing the circuts a few weeks ago.

I consider that gym to be a work of art.

What the hell is a “rockstar”?

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
What the hell is a “rockstar”?[/quote]

a drink

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/a/6/a6a6b-Bench____.jpg

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
I consider that gym to be a work of art. [/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
What the hell is a “rockstar”?[/quote]

An energy drink similar to Monster or Red bull.

I think I finally got the hang of cooking brown rice. Today it was all soft and kind of tasty. This is different then the usualy semi-hard rice i seem to good. The secert, I think i cooked it longer than 5mins last night, lol.

Oh and eating more brown rice regularly seems to give me more energy on the cheap. :slight_smile:

This is really and truly inspiring. All the best.

If you buy a rice cooker it will come out perfect every time. Just add water and rice in a 2 to 1 ratio. Push down the little button and it’ll pop up when the rice is adequately cooked. Presto, tasty cheap food. :slight_smile:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1179344331/ref=sr_1_1/602-3739870-0117418?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ETXV94

Try adding some herbs and spices once in a while and you’ll have tons of different flavors to work with.

Monday’s workout:

Workout
A1: Incline Press
1x6 135lbs, 3x6 145lbs, 1x4 145s
no rest
A2: Standing DB military press
1x8 60lbs, 1x6 70lbs, 1x6 60lbs, 2x8 60lbs,
B1: Seat Row
5x6 170lbs
B2: Wide Pulldowns
1x8 140lbs, 1x6 160lbs, 3x8 140lbs

C1: Close Grip Bench Press
3x6 135lbs
no rest
C2: Rope Press Downs
3x8 100lbs
D1: EZ bar Curl
3x6 75lbs
D2: Seated DB Hammer Curls
3x8 50lbs

*First time after a week off so I keep the weight moderate. I’ll up in next Monday.

Tuesday:
Conditioning work. Did circuit training.

[quote]sic wrote:
If you buy a rice cooker it will come out perfect every time. Just add water and rice in a 2 to 1 ratio. Push down the little button and it’ll pop up when the rice is adequately cooked. Presto, tasty cheap food. :slight_smile:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1179344331/ref=sr_1_1/602-3739870-0117418?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ETXV94

Try adding some herbs and spices once in a while and you’ll have tons of different flavors to work with.[/quote]

Hmmm, good idea. I’ll look into. But I don’t about the whole ratio thing, that sounds like measureing would be involved and that’s complicated, lol.