T Nation

Training on Cycle

Guys im trying to switch it up to more volume training on my cycle of test p, tren, d bol. can anyone recommed a good training program to keep in mind? I was looking at OVT. Any good input?

I have done OVT (although I was not on a cycle,) and it was definitely a lot of volume. I liked the program.

I'd really watch how much you up the volume when you're on; I've read a few different things from some guys who know a hell of a lot more than I do who say if you're on and you start increasing your volume too much, you'll unfortunately end up losing it because it takes that amt of stimulation to keep the muscle tissue around.

The Canadian Bear is a baddass program if you want to give that a run. It'll put the hurt on you, but not too much, and jack you up!

But in all seriousness, take it easy on the increase in volume...

There are some serious flaws in that idea. I don't really know where to begin actually.

Was your current off-cycle working? If so, no need to change much. I've added a day this time around broken body parts down to allow some extra time for some areas I need to bring up and the fact I wanted to deadlift and squat on different days.

I don't get anywhere near as sore when on (obviously) but to me I still feel 'drained' so watch how much volume you're adding.

Ramp up the intensity too.

thanks for theinput guys. Im just loving the 5x5 scheme of the OVT program. It makes sense to me, ill give this one a go for right now. Cycle starts today around 3. First inject.

x2 that's just scare tactics.

Yup, scare tactics, I don't want you to get too big!! I mean, you might be scary or something...

I'm not saying don't train hard or increase you're volume; not by any means. I'm just saying don't go overboard on the volume.

Yup, scare tactics, I don't want you to get too big!! I mean, you might be scary or something...

I'm not saying don't train hard or increase your volume; not by any means. I'm just saying don't go overboard on the volume.

From Poliquin himself:

"While anabolics do allow you to increase your frequency due to improved recovery ability, it's possible that the majority of anabolic users are training too frequently and, consequently, limiting the training effect."

I guess this is what I had in mind. I look for more just so I don't look like I'm randomly pulling "tips" out of my arse.

Increasing frequency is completely different than increasing volume.

humm any interesting routines anytone wants to sharE?

Take a peak at Candaian Bear.

Do Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 with the bodybuilding assistance option. Then when you come off you can just drop the assistance down to what he calls 'the triumvirate.'