T Nation

Training on an Empty Stomach

because i work backshift when i get up dont have time to eat before i go to the gym or am training on a full stomach feeling bloated do you people think it would be okay to train for bodybuilding on an empty stomach then just eat plenty for the rest of the day thoughts please

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

dairy intolarent or i would

Have you tried a complete isolate, like Zero Carb Isopure?

But even so, a piece of fruit or two is better than nothing to hold you off until your breakfast. And some water during training.

Im weak and tired in the morning before I eat.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Or hell, just some gatorade or something.

eph seem to be doing the trick no hunger and they give you mental phocus with no loss of strength i tried them today will eat plenty for rest off the day for growth just hope my body wont get used to them but will only take one on training days only

I did this for about a year. Train on an empty stomach that is. At 5 am everyday before work. The only thing I would take is water and either NO Explode or Arnge Krush. Even with the supps I didn’t feel like I was getting much out of the sessions. I believe I may have even become catabolic on several occasions. EAT SOMETHING!!

Unless I’ve misunderstood your reply OP, then I don’t understand why you went to the trouble of asking the question at all. Why bother asking for advice, then do what you were going to do in the first place?

Personally, I think training on a (completely) empty stomach is very doable, but far from optimal. I suggest you try a few of the options given to you.

[quote]sturrockdods wrote:
dairy intolarent or i would [/quote]

40g of soy protein then, Mr. Excuses…