Training Myths??

hey
these myths i read off the net and heard from guys with six packs and defined muscular bodies. i understand that on here, you guys dont care much for healthy and lean looks but i dont want to be a fat lifter which is what is happening to me right now, so i just wanted to double check something with some of you here.

is it true that high reps with light weights and a small amount of rest in between sets burns fat and creates muscle definition?

is it true that lifting a light weight loads of times produces the same workload as lifting a heavy weight a few times?

is it true that a six pack is healthier and a better prrof of fitness than big arms?

is it true that women find abs more attractive than big arms?

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
hey
these myths i read off the net and heard from guys with six packs and defined muscular bodies. i understand that on here, you guys dont care much for healthy and lean looks but i dont want to be a fat lifter which is what is happening to me right now, so i just wanted to double check something with some of you here.

is it true that high reps with light weights and a small amount of rest in between sets burns fat and creates muscle definition?[/quote]

Yes and NO lifting in general and a diet will create muscle definition if you lose BF. But so will lifting heavy and eating to cut fat and likely better to hanging onto muscle or gaining more

[quote]

is it true that lifting a light weight loads of times produces the same workload as lifting a heavy weight a few times?[/quote]

yes and no yes by simple addition sure if you lift 100lb twice or 200 lbs twice same work load but the stimulus you under went with the 200lb will be greater and cause more reason for.adaptation

[quote]

is it true that a six pack is healthier and a better prrof of fitness than big arms?[/quote]

no many time those who have dieted to have a Sharp six pack be stage or photo shoot ready are at the least healthy they are at all other times they are not eating

I imagine this depends as well on the woman

Phill

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
i understand that on here, you guys dont care much for healthy and lean looks but i dont want to be a fat lifter [/quote]

Beautiful.

It produces the same load, but doesn’t activate the muscle fibres with the greatest potential for hypertrophy.

[quote]datta wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:
i understand that on here, you guys dont care much for healthy and lean looks but i dont want to be a fat lifter

Beautiful.

[/quote]

sorry im not stereotyping, but from experience, most guys on here attack and rip apart anyone who has any interest in being lean and possessing a six pack

No.
No.
No.
and No.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
datta wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:
i understand that on here, you guys dont care much for healthy and lean looks but i dont want to be a fat lifter

Beautiful.

sorry im not stereotyping, but from experience, most guys on here attack and rip apart anyone who has any interest in being lean and possessing a six pack[/quote]

I think people get ripped apart for wanting to be lean and have a six pack w/o any appreciable muscle mass.

There is a difference.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
datta wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:

Beautiful.

sorry im not stereotyping, but from experience, most guys on here attack and rip apart anyone who has any interest in being lean and possessing a six pack[/quote]

Thats not true. Skinny guys with 6 packs who are afraid to eat to get bigger will get ripped on but if youre big AND defined with a 6 pack you get respect.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
datta wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:

Beautiful.

Not true. People get ripped on here for focusing on being “lean and ripped with a six pack” when they are small. If you want to know how to get to 230 pounds with a six pack you’ll get plenty of support here. If you want to know how to get to 165 pounds with a six pack, you will be ripped on. And rightfully so.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:

[/quote]

It really depends on the woman, I guess. But why not shoot for big arms and a good abs? Then you have the best of both worlds. They are not mutually exclusive. Also, these perceptions cycle over time and are perpetuated my media, etc. Right now many aspects of the media promote the metrosexual soy boy look (by the way, this is really pushed by gay fashion designers).

In a few years, that may no longer be the trend. Start thinking for yourself and build the type of physique that you want, not what our overhyped media is saying at the moment.

[quote]Nothingface wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:

It really depends on the woman, I guess. But why not shoot for big arms and a good abs? Then you have the best of both worlds. They are not mutually exclusive. Also, these perceptions cycle over time and are perpetuated my media, etc. Right now many aspects of the media promote the metrosexual soy boy look (by the way, this is really pushed by gay fashion designers).

In a few years, that may no longer be the trend. Start thinking for yourself and build the type of physique that you want, not what our overhyped media is saying at the moment.
[/quote]

Yep. The big ol homosexual agenda rears its head again.

Get the tinfoil hats.

[quote]Nothingface wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:

[/quote]

ah ok.

nah i do want big arms and strength. ive been training with a 5x5 routine lately and eating loads like ive been told here. i weighed 86 kgs and in a month i got up to 93 kgs. Problem is i get tired when walking for too long and my belly looks big when its relaxed.it makes me worry about my health and looks.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
Nothingface wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:

ah ok.

nah i do want big arms and strength. ive been training with a 5x5 routine lately and eating loads like ive been told here. i weighed 86 kgs and in a month i got up to 93 kgs. Problem is i get tired when walking for too long and my belly looks big when its relaxed.it makes me worry about my health and looks.

[/quote]

That makes sense, but when you phrase your question as an either/or, what kind of answer do you expect?

oh i didnt mean either or. i just wanted to know if there was a certain truth to these myths or they are just plain myths. im just getting worried that i am doing the wrong kind of training and that maybe eating that much isnt that good for me.

[quote]MuscleBear wrote:
oh i didnt mean either or. i just wanted to know if there was a certain truth to these myths or they are just plain myths. im just getting worried that i am doing the wrong kind of training and that maybe eating that much isnt that good for me.[/quote]

Yeah, I jumped down your throat a little quick. I think everyone needs to find their balance between carrying a lot of muscle and being/feeling overall healthy. If you don’t feel healthy even though you are strong at a certain weight, then you should rethink it like you are.

I guess what I was getting at is if you are generally in shape and have some muscle on you, you’re way ahead of the vast majority of guys out there. So your physique shouldn’t be much of an issue with women. Therefore, do what makes you happy and you feel healthy. Then just go for the women that are into whatever your physique type is. There are plenty of women on both sides of that discussion.

you are absolutely right