Training Muay Thai in Thailand!

As far as i know yes there are some places selling protein powders, mainly located near gyms selling them to foreigners but i think importing them to Thailand is illegal,go figure.

Personally im not a big fan of thaifood,by this i mean the food your getting at the numerous places down the streets,sure its cheap but hardly any protein(buy a magnifying class to see any pieces of chicken on a rice&chicken dish)and thais REALLY like to deep fry everything.

For someone interested keeping his hard earned muscles i`d recommend buying fish,chicken etc at the market and making food yourself.

The best way to get a steady job/income is to work in a foreign company located in Thailand,that or open a diving shop…or a bar…
i mean thais usually get less than a 100 dollars in a month and as cheap as it is living there thats still not enough.

No it is not illegal to import protein to Thailand. My friend does it legally for a living…

I’ve never found it a problem to find a lot of cheap protein foods in Thailand. If you go to any Som Tam stall (they are EVERYWHEREin Thailand) you will find big pieces of grilled fish/chicken for about 15-30 baht. I agree with you about how Thai’s love to deep fry everything though. Still, it’s not hard to find grilled stuff at all, they are usually right next door to the deep fried stuff.

[quote]JonnyTMT wrote:
No it is not illegal to import protein to Thailand. My friend does it legally for a living…

I’ve never found it a problem to find a lot of cheap protein foods in Thailand. If you go to any Som Tam stall (they are EVERYWHEREin Thailand) you will find big pieces of grilled fish/chicken for about 15-30 baht. I agree with you about how Thai’s love to deep fry everything though. Still, it’s not hard to find grilled stuff at all, they are usually right next door to the deep fried stuff.[/quote]

That might have changed then but it`s been talked many times here that protein powders are put in a same category as prescription drugs or similar,i even remember having a conversation about it with a fellow T-Nation member who lives in pattaya.

I`m sure your right about finding grilled food easily but it was more of a thaifood thing that i meant,the typical thai dishes that are sold everywhere.
And even the grilled foods do carry excessive amounts of oil on them that is kinda disgusting.

I`m surprised though that the prices seem to be even lower there than in Pattaya that is usually though of cheaper.

Great stuff here. Thanks!

Well, I’m using the internet in the ticket office where I’m supposed to buy my bus ticket from Bangkok to Phuket. 19 hours on a bus…not looking forward to it.

wow. good luck bro :slight_smile:

Hmmm you might want to wait until you get to Bangkok to get your bus ticket mate. The VIP bus I get costs a little over 1000 baht and takes 12 hours. I once made the mistake of booking a ticket through an agency and got the worst bus ride of my life. Got crammed into a little bus (think school bus), and they put plastic chairs in the middle of the bus to cram more people on. Some people had to stand. Think it might have been about 19 hours…

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Well, I’m using the internet in the ticket office where I’m supposed to buy my bus ticket from Bangkok to Phuket. 19 hours on a bus…not looking forward to it.[/quote]

Don’t take a bus to Phuket. Fly with Air Asia or Nok Air. It is sometimes cheaper than the bus.

[quote]dwilliams wrote:
Fiction wrote:
Well, I’m using the internet in the ticket office where I’m supposed to buy my bus ticket from Bangkok to Phuket. 19 hours on a bus…not looking forward to it.

Don’t take a bus to Phuket. Fly with Air Asia or Nok Air. It is sometimes cheaper than the bus. [/quote]

950 baht one way.