Training log..what do you use???

OK! Everyone uses some form of a training log to document progress. But does anyone out there have a log system that works exceptionally well?
As of late, I have been using my palm pilot and I’ve heard that there is even software out there (excel spreadsheet) that can really make things easy. It’s compact and it stores a ton of information that can be printed out at nay time
Usually, I’ll log the exercise, speed of movement, # of sets and reps, and maybe a few other things (rest interval).
Interested to hear what others are using for their own records…

I use a spiral notebook then record it into the Training\nutrition program by Stayely

I am actually in the process of writing a program that is specifically designed to make designing a training log simple and easy. You will be able to click on a lift and drag it over to the day and date you want to do it. You will be able to look at 12 weeks at a time if you like of just one session. You will be able to create your own library of exercises, and you will be able to upload additional programs from other sites if you wish. I didn’t want to lead this so early, cause we are still working on it. I am trying my hardest to make it free to everyone, which will require a sponsor but no matter what it will be super cheap. Like, under ten bucks. Please be patient.

I jot down reps in a spiral notebook in the gym. Once home I transfer the data (weight/reps/sets/) into a database. My food and supplement log is also in the same database. I know it sounds geeky, but with short queries you can call up many aspects of your training :slight_smile: