T Nation

Training/Log Software?

Hey T-Nation Dudes… Anyone know of any good training/log/diary software out there? I’ve been looking around download.com and it’s hard to sort through the crap.

Any thoughts appriciated…

You might try lifterlog.com. It is pretty cool.

any old notebook.com
blue or black pen.com
I use those two

You plan on carrying a laptop to the gym with you?

i just use excel. i plan out my programs for the next few months and then i use IF functions that will change all of my following workouts IF i do better than expected or if i fail.
so like, if i miss my last few reps, my next workout will automatically change to compensate, and if i feel i can do another set, my next workout either ups the load or adds more reps or whatever i programmed it to do.

just go to the help menu and search for IF functions, it’ll show you how to enter them.
by the way, i’m kind of a math geek :wink:

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
any old notebook.com
blue or black pen.com
I use those two

You plan on carrying a laptop to the gym with you?[/quote]

sure you should bring a pad of paper to keep track of what you should be doing that day. but don’t you agree that it helps to have at least the next few months planned out. if you do, don’t you have some place that information is stored?
I think its easier to keep track of my goals and tweak them if i store it all on the computer.

Mead notebook at Wal-Mart - 69 cents
Wal-Mart pen - 49 cents.

They work great!

[quote]evansmi wrote:
but don’t you agree that it helps to have at least the next few months planned out. [/quote]

Not at all. I might find that a certain exercise isn’t working at the moment and want to change it. Or maybe my strength is jumping quicker than expected. I write my workout down for that day at the gym when I get there looking back at the prior workout and my notes from it.

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
You might try lifterlog.com. It is pretty cool.

[/quote]

Hey thanks… I’m still looking around though, that one only has a 7 day free trial. And like I’m going to shell out for software I could probably write myself? Huh.

Anyway, thanks for saying anything other than pen and paper. Like, duh.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
i just use excel. i plan out my programs for the next few months and then i use IF functions that will change all of my following workouts IF i do better than expected or if i fail.
so like, if i miss my last few reps, my next workout will automatically change to compensate, and if i feel i can do another set, my next workout either ups the load or adds more reps or whatever i programmed it to do.

just go to the help menu and search for IF functions, it’ll show you how to enter them.
by the way, i’m kind of a math geek ;)[/quote]

Yah, I’ve been using Excel as well. As an IT guy, I’m suprised I never tried to improve my tracking system before.

Thanks for the idea’s.

bodygain.com

amazing.

Here is what I am using:
www.acrocat.com

[quote]evansmi wrote:

by the way, i’m kind of a math geek ;)[/quote]

Sounds like a pretty good spreadsheet you created for yourself. Would you mind sharing it?

[quote]matt8 wrote:

Sounds like a pretty good spreadsheet you created for yourself. Would you mind sharing it?
[/quote]

no problem, if anyone else is interested just send me a pm with an e-mail address and i’ll send you the file.