Training Like a Saiyan?

it more or less taught me patience, because you had to wait like 6 episodes for them to even fight their enemy. Haha for like 4 episodes all you see is Goku’s enemies powering up and basically yelling “just you wait Goku, once I am done powering up it’s on”. Five episodes later…Goku throws a spirt bomb and that’s that.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Since I love DBZ, I’ll just have a laugh at this thread and play along. No harm in good fun.

Vegeta would be 5’6 around 185-195lbs. Goku would be 5’10-11", 215+/-lbs. Krillin would be 5 foot, 120-130lbs.[/quote]

For a short guy 185lbs is pretty big…
Well I know the weight range I’m going for now, since I’m roughly the same height.

I’m gonna buy a weight vest to go along with the rest of my weighted stuff, I’ll be honest I don’t use my wrist/ankle weights much.
But I can see how a weighted vest would be useful.

I don’t know about you guys but I always thought Vegeta was a larger guy than Goku in sheer muscle mass…
Although I wont deny Goku had some damn good arms.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
handstand pushups on one finger with a 1 ton vest[/quote]

Sounds like a normal Thursday for me.

I was just watching an Episode haha…

I always admired Goku and Gohan for their humble attitude… but when someone else thats a jack ass gets all the credit it pisses me off lol.

They Eat Eat Eat like Crazy!!!

Goku does hand stand push ups with an Olympic bar with weights balanced on the soles of his feet in high Gravity

they wear weighted clothing (like 1 ton stuff)

Personally I would love to have some like 50lb shoes and do that stuff… it would be so cool haha

they have a Chamber where one day= like a year in real time

they get exponentially stronger in a matter of weeks when training the training is very intense.

they have awesome hair!

they train for speed!

[quote]CJK wrote:
LOL at this thread.

I want to train like those dudes in Gears of War… those guys are huge. [/quote]

Yeah… I’m not so sure about the anime, but the Cole-Train was fucking swole.

Yup. Vegeta is my favorite character on the show. Just because of his intensity. I could only wish to have half that intensity level when training!!

Trunks is actually the largest regular character, as far as muscle mass goes. When they were fighting the androids he was stronger than anyone but due to being so bulky he was too slow and not able to land a single one of his powerful blows. Brolly is the largest saiyan overall, he would be like 6’7" or more and weigh in at like 400 lbs.

Vegita and Goku are actually quite identical in strength, with Vegita having very slight tactical advantages but Goku having the super hero ability to never give up. Vegita did in fact make Krellin almost kill him when they were fighting Freeza for the first time. He then went in a healing chamber and still got his butt whipped.

Goku did more actual training lifting and cutting mountains in half and stuff like that, I remember from the early dragonball episodes he would fight dinosaurs and run with them on his back… when he was 10.

Overall to train so that you look and function as close to a saiyan as you will ever be, you should train for speed and power and agility, not overall size or raw strength. At 6’0" a good weight would probably be in the 200-220 range depending on your bone genetics. And if anyone thinks that you need to be a lot bigger or else your a pussy, let me remind all of you that the single baddest mofo on the planet is 6’0" and weighs in at 230, with a little more BF than he probably needs. If Fedor actually wanted to get shredded up he could look like a saiyan and fight like one too.

Routines would be a lot of plyometrics, olympic lifts, sprints, and just like in the show, sparring. Of course just like them, you will be burning copius amounts of calories, so eating would be very important. I don’t know if putting down 30 bowls of rice is proper, but you all know how to eat to get big.

Learning how to fly would also be a good idea.

V

[quote]SSC wrote:
CJK wrote:
LOL at this thread.

I want to train like those dudes in Gears of War… those guys are huge.

Yeah… I’m not so sure about the anime, but the Cole-Train was fucking swole.[/quote]

…??? I always thought that was prof x? :frowning:

This thread is amazing.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
Yup. Vegeta is my favorite character on the show. Just because of his intensity. I could only wish to have half that intensity level when training!! [/quote]

I agree he’s very intense, I think that’s why he’s my favorite, I like Goku I just think he comes across to light hearted sometimes…
He doesn’t train as hard as Vegita although he is just as persistent, he seems to get a lot of his strength through doing less.
Maybe less is more, I don’t know.
But you at least see Vegita training more and he certainly emphasizes it.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Trunks is actually the largest regular character, as far as muscle mass goes. When they were fighting the androids he was stronger than anyone but due to being so bulky he was too slow and not able to land a single one of his powerful blows.[/quote]

That was because he was (I think) SS2, at that stage they become like 2x Ronnie Coleman. That’s why he was so strong.

Well if Goku stands at 5’11/6 ft Broly would be almost 7 ft in Super Saiyan. If you watch the movie he grows taller and alot bigger.

And how much could they bench/squat/deadlift? A planet?!

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
And how much could they bench/squat/deadlift? A planet?!
[/quote]

I expect so, if Goku was running round with dinosaurs on his back age 10, thats a few tons right there… Could be comparable to a squat…
So in his prime a planet or two would be an easy feat I expect.

You can’t really squat a planet, your feet would be in the space and you would have nothing to push against. I think they got around increasing the weight by working out in the 500X gravity machine. Sparring against someone who is close in strength would also be a good workout.

V

the gravity chamber would actually be ridiculously effective for everything lol

weighted clothing would also be badass. I’ve always seen fat friends of mine and thought, man, maybe I should load a barbell with like 100 pounds and live my life like that for a couple weeks?

I rly want some weighted clothing now. How much is a gravity chamber on Amazon?

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:
Since I love DBZ, I’ll just have a laugh at this thread and play along. No harm in good fun.

Vegeta would be 5’6 around 185-195lbs. Goku would be 5’10-11", 215+/-lbs. Krillin would be 5 foot, 120-130lbs.

Well I know the weight range I’m going for now, since I’m roughly the same height.

I’m gonna buy a weight vest to go along with the rest of my weighted stuff, I’ll be honest I don’t use my wrist/ankle weights much.

I don’t know about you guys but I always thought Vegeta was a larger guy than Goku in sheer muscle mass…
[/quote]

I can believe the flying, the super powers, and strength but, a 5’10-5’11 asian impossible.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:

Vegeta would be 5’6 around 185-195lbs. Goku would be 5’10-11", 215+/-lbs. Krillin would be 5 foot, 120-130lbs.

I can believe the flying, the super powers, and strength but, a 5’10-5’11 asian impossible.
[/quote]

LOL!!!

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:

[/quote]

I lol’d at that statement, but then the name Yao Ming rang in my head and I kinda died a little inside.

[quote]Brown_Lifter wrote:
i assume saiyans have thick, heavy bones[/quote]

Every time a saiyin breaks a bone, it grows back twice as strong.

Combine that with about a thousand broken bones… and… yeah.

Just got season one on DVD… so happy :smiley:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
xXSeraphimXx wrote:
BruceLeeFan wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:

I lol’d at that statement, but then the name Yao Ming rang in my head and I kinda died a little inside.

[/quote]

What about Hong Man Choi?

this thread is amazing