Training Lats

I’ve really got the MMC pretty good on the arm-pit area of the lats. They actually get sore now. Not saying this = results, just that they get worked well.

To help get the MMC for the upper lats I started doing “power” pulldowns. Basically a heavy wide grip, half ROM pulldown w/ full stretch at the top.

But I can never feel the bottom lat (above the erectors). Are there grip/angles that favor this area? Exercise variation that can help groove the MMC?

wide grip pulldowns and pullups are good for the teres armpit area

for the lats, pullovers, rows to the hip, close grip neutral or underhand pulldowns - for all these movements look at the path the elbows go through on a nautilius pullover type machine and mimic that through the ROM

edit: look on youtube for mightystu’s back routine, he does cable pullovers and pulldowns in a way to really hit the lats

[quote]Edgy wrote:

stretching and rolling the lats.[/quote]

How important do people think that this aspect is?

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

How important do people think that this aspect is?[/quote]

most dont, they head to the gym, and do endless sets until something hurts. they forget that this is a lifestyle, and these muscles need maintenance.

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

How important do people think that this aspect is?[/quote]

most dont, they head to the gym, and do endless sets until something hurts. they forget that this is a lifestyle, and these muscles need maintenance.[/quote]

not to mention that the lats are chronically tight in a lot of folks, leading to posture deficits and injury