Training in the AM

just want to know at time does every workout in the morning. Im considering getting up at 5am to get the gym by 5:45-6am and train til 7am. alalso want to know how u guys feel the rest of day.

I train 8.20-9.20.

A preworkout does help for the morning session, but they need to be limited.

I can feel like I need a mid afternoon sleep sometimes, but you get used to it. The good thing is that I have my evenings!

Train at 6. Cook up some eggs and veggies at 4:30, hit the gym hard, 2nd breakfast after. Feel fine the rest of the day.

I get up at 5, train at 6, start chores around 7:30. Sometimes I will take a quick nap (~20-30 min.) after my noon meal, but I function fine without it. I just enjoy taking my noon nap.

Just make sure you get plenty of high quality sleep and plenty of high quality food, and you’ll be fine. I would also make sure you aren’t doing workouts that consist of kicking your own ass. That is probably what will lead you to a pretty shitty day.

thanks guys. going to give it a try. especially taking nap during lunch time. im planning to take preworkout protein shake then dring another after training.

thanks guys. going to give it a try. especially taking nap during lunch time. im planning to take preworkout protein shake then dring another after training.

I get up at about 5:15 to 5:30, and am at the gym and beginning to train by 6:20. Sure it’ll be tough the first few times, but it’s great because there are hopefully fewer people in the gym and then once you’re finished work you don’t need to head to the gym as you’re all done for the day.

It’s also surprising how much you can get done in the gym in the morning. I mean before you start an early morning routine you may think that you’ll only have time for 30 minutes of weights and then you’ll need to shower and get to work, but depending on where your gym is you may be able to be like me and get 45 minutes of weights and 20 to 30 of cardio and then stretch and shower and get to work for 9AM.

The counter-intuitive thing is I have much more energy the rest of the day.

Like other posters said, sleep and nutrition is most important.

If working out in the morning, I like ti make sure I get a massive breakfast in later with lots of eggs and bacon.

tweet

I’m usually in the gym by 8:00 am.
I like mornings because the gym is less crowded, and my head is clear.

i would like to know about nutrition pre and post workouts , also what type of workouts like deadlifts and squats.

I did the early thing for a good two months. I got up at five: workout at six, school at 8.

Pro’s: head clear, no bloated feeling.

I stopped just because my life lends itself better to me working out at night.

Overall there’s nothing really different, it’s just… earlier.

I have loved the morning workouts since high school swimming when we where IN the pool at 6am.

Typically the club/spa I am at now is relatively quiet, I get and stay focused and I go into

the rest of my day knowing I did something great for my body and my soul ; )

Plus, now that I am starting keifers carb back loading protocol it is the only other time

he recomends other than a 4/5pm workout time that I can actually accomodate !

Have fun and go and kill it . . .

I trained early morning for a semester, in the gym at 6:50am, out by 8:00am, took a while to get used to but worked out just fine

I am back to training in the AM. I am stronger if I can wait until the evening, but life works better if I lift in the morning. I try and be up at 6-6:30, and in the gym by 7:30.

Currently I have coffee and some protein before I lift. I do know I need at LEAST 30 minutes of milling around the house before I am at all ready to lift.

And hitting it in the morning leaves me primed for work with energy and drive that leaves the days I dont lift in the dust.

[quote]johnward82 wrote:
I am back to training in the AM. I am stronger if I can wait until the evening, but life works better if I lift in the morning. I try and be up at 6-6:30, and in the gym by 7:30.

Currently I have coffee and some protein before I lift. I do know I need at LEAST 30 minutes of milling around the house before I am at all ready to lift.

And hitting it in the morning leaves me primed for work with energy and drive that leaves the days I dont lift in the dust. [/quote]

QFT!

Yeah, for those that don’t train in the AM, don’t judge the way you will feel by how you feel the first 10 minutes after you wake up. Everyone feels like rolled-up shit then.
I get out of bed at about 5:20 but I don’t pick up my first weight till about 6:15 to 6:30 and by then I feel just as awake as I would at 10Am or 2PM.

And yeah, I absolutely have more energy all day when I train in the morning.

Though if I won the lottery or whatever then I’d get up at 9Am and train at noon or something.

How can you guys like the gym when its empty? I like it when its busy, just so much energy in the room gets me pumped lol.

During my football season, I would get up at about 5 in the morning and be in the gym by 5:45 and be home by about 6:45 or 7:00. I followed Joe DeFranco’s WS4SB in-season template. It had quick workouts with only 4-5 exercises. Kept my strength (until I got hurt) and wasn’t terribly taxing on my body.

CS

I get to the gym by 7am and finish around 8:15 if you count stretching.

I’m doing IF right now so I only get coffee first thing then sip BCAA for the duration of the workout. Been awesome so far and my energy is still good, if not better than when I went mid-day or afternoon.

wake up at 5am, coffee/ bcaa/ foam rolling, out the door for gym opening at 6.30am, feels great.

[quote]Blackiebluewings wrote:
just want to know at time does every workout in the morning. Im considering getting up at 5am to get the gym by 5:45-6am and train til 7am. alalso want to know how u guys feel the rest of day.[/quote]

I get up at 3:45 to train at 5 AM like a BOSS.

How do I feel the rest of the day? I feel like a BOSS. (maybe its because I am an actual boss).

Worst case though is I tend to get that 2:30 feeling you hear all the energy commercials talking about.