Training in Thailand

I was planning on staying at the camp in a tropical bungalow but i’m starting to have some doubts now .
I think the other rooms are a bit too basic for me and after a whole day of training a place where i can relax and unwind is a must for me .
Some pictures from inside the bungalows would definitely help me make up my mind .

Did you book yourself at Baan Suan or through the camp and how much did you pay ?

Booked myself after I got there. You can go through the camp, too. Either is fine.

Here is Baan Suan’s site.

http://www.baansuanphuket.com/index.html

I don’t know if the prices are current, though.

There was a new place being built up the road that looked nice also. I’m sure it’s done by now, but don’t remember the name. Don’t know if they had a pool either. I can’t stress how nice it is to roll out of bed, take a dip, go train, then chill in the pool some more. Of course, you can extra to use the pool if you’re not staying at Baan Suan, too.

I visited TMT as I did a private session with their head trainer, Yod, fucking amazing pad holder. Looked like a nice place, just as equipped for relaxing as training lol.

More info comes from a friend of mine, who travelled thailand over a couple of months and trained at Lanna Chiang Mai, WMC Samui, Tiger + another one the name of which I’ve forgotten.

He basically said TMT was the worst place he’d been, because it was the least ‘authentic’ place, where the Thais + farang aren’t really a community and as a camp they don’t run so there’s not much bonding etc… His favorite was Lanna… I liked Tiger tho, I’d definitely train there again.

I think that’s up to the individual. If you mean literally run together, the trainers are more than happy to have guests run with them. They run twice a day, once before the morning session, once before the afternoon session.

As far as general socializing. I hung out a lot with some of the trainers and became very friendly with them. I really do think the experience can be whatever you choose to make it!

[quote]barchie wrote:
I think that’s up to the individual. If you mean literally run together, the trainers are more than happy to have guests run with them. They run twice a day, once before the morning session, once before the afternoon session.

As far as general socializing. I hung out a lot with some of the trainers and became very friendly with them. I really do think the experience can be whatever you choose to make it![/quote]

I agree, it’s up to you to make the experience. However, he is a VERY social guy, he does bouncer + door work, in short he has no problem talking to anyone. His opinion was that Tiger was the least ‘family’ type place he trained, especially when being compared to Lanna… As I said, I liked Tiger as well, but it does make me think what Lanna would bve like if that was his viewpoint!

I noticed Alan Belcher gave a thanks to Tiger Muay Thai.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I noticed Alan Belcher gave a thanks to Tiger Muay Thai.[/quote]

lol…I was just about to post that myself…they had him looking sharp…no reason he couldn’t have finished Herman.

Shit,I might need to make a trip to TMT…they have any (250+)heavyweights training over there?

A bunch of well known guys have trained at TMT-- Belcher, Bobby Southworth, Mike Swick, Mushin Corbrey, etc.

Yeah I’m so happy Alan won, the trainers just watched the fight on tv. I sparred with him while he was here that was cool. His striking looked great, I especially liked the elbows in the clinch :slight_smile: