T Nation

Training Gig

As some of you may know I sold my soul to the devil - excuse me, became a personal trainer.

In all honesty, Im enjoying it a lot. For some reason I earned the nickname ‘enciclopedia’ by the other trainers. According to them, if they have a question ask it to the expert - and they mean me, lol.

My clients are coming along very well. One of my girls lost 9.5 lbs in 3.5 weeks and earned considerable strength. Her routine consists of deadlifts, squats, bench presses, pull-ups, and core strength. She was sitting on a chair by the weight scale waiting for me ,and plopped on it with a big smile on her face to show me her new weight - 121.5 lbs.
My clients are pretty impressed by the technical knowledge I have, which may explain why my boss told me no one has ever picked up contract clients so fast. So far I’m ranking 3rd place for contracts sold - and I didnt even try.

I trained at least 5 trainers, including the gym manager - all of whom came to me and insisted that I give them advice and run them through a workout.

Aparently everyone’s noticed my strong accent, which everyone insists on pointing out I sound exactly like Van Damme - although some insist I have more of a german accent and sound like Schwarzenegger. Hm, maybe that helps impress some clients too.

Anyhow, I can honestly tell you, Im far from being an expert, but i do spend countless hours every day reading something new - upwards of 6 hours in some cases. Everything ranging from Testosterone to books on physiology, nutrition, flexibility, or even remotely associated with weightlifting.
PubMed has proved especially helpful in impressing the above mentioned girl, as she’s a scientist at Yale University and has published 3 studies in PubMed herself - she was surprised I even knew about PubMed, and was very happy when I gave her several studies on fish oil supplentation.

All in all, I think I’m doing good.

Apparently no one calls you “dictionary”, as it should be “encyclopedia”. :slight_smile: Just being a first-rate asswipe.

Anyway, I’m glad to see that you’re putting so much effort into it.

I don’t know you, but I am excited for you. It is good to know that there are trainers out there who know what they are talking about. Thanks for spreading good advice, it can only improve the lives of others.

There are good trainers out there deisel u just got to find them. You are proving yourself to be one of them.

I am afraid that you are getting to like what you are doing, which is a good thing and forget what you said what you were going to plan on doing in the past. Oh well.

Neverthless, if you love this gig the keep at it.

Nice to hear that you found something that you love to do.

In Health,

Silas C.

What the hell? This is the worst example of ‘compliment me please’ because I am great that I have ever seen here.

Bringing the Thunder, eh Thunder? Totally agree.

Diesel I know where you’re coming from. I’m constantly getting asked stuff by the other trainers where I work and it definately makes you feel good. Also makes me wonder how they got their jobs in the first place!

Another good resource for you is www.ptonthenet.com

So this is just a short term job for you? thats what it sounds like. I you enjoy it as much as it sounds would you think about sticking at it?

oh my god. everyone knows that testosterone is THE enciclopedia of knowledge.

Oh please, now go to school and learn something.

Don’t be an asshole, Thunder. That was douche.

Nice job, Diesel. Keep up the good work.

Don’t be an asshole? You’re an idiot.

Why don’t you bend over a bit more?

Bow before me for I am great, lol.

Fitone, I have not abandoned the Air Force at all - I’m already signed up, except wont be leaving for another 5 months.

I love the irony of a guy bragging about how everyone thinks he is so smart and then misspelling encyclopedia. Its almost as good as mispelling illiterate.

…or complaining about someone’s bad “grammer”.

For the love of god. Can’t a guy brag anymore about how he’s the best?

The world must be going to hell if no one realizes greatness anymore.

Amen, Thunder.

Let your clients do the bragging for you. There are a lot of people on here far more brilliant than you; you don’t see them taking the time to spend fifteen minutes typing to blow sunshine up their own asses.

I think your enthusiasm is great, but posts like this drive me crazy.

Everybody, turn around quick and see if you have a stick up your ass. If you do, grasp it firmly and pull it out.

(If you don’t like a post, you’re not required to comment.)

Maybe you and Dr. Phil should write a book together.

If you have to brag about yourself being the best?

Don’t really consider that to be a great endorsement.

BTW: with all that reading/studying you’ve done, do you finally know what abductors/adductors are?

I must say that he’s taking this abuse very well. Much better than I thought he would. I was worried this might escalate into Bears vs. Lions II.