T Nation

Training Frequency

I've started training hard again after taking a 6 month hiatus due to moving countries and jobs. I've been going to the gym for a month now and this week I've been 4 times, doing my old 4 day split.

My body is still adjusting to the frequency, I have a kind of tired ache in my muscles, should I leave more time for recovery or can I just power through it? My diet is getting much better so food intake is pretty solid i.e. I feel sick from eating too much right now.

I lost 8kg in 6 months but my strength has only dropped a little (76kg to 68kg). I managed to DL 140kg for 2 yesterday so I'm confident I can pile on some mass once I adapt to training hard again.

Look into trying 5/3/1 -the deload every 4 weeks will keep you fresh. Nothing wrong with just powering through it either.

Also stretching a lot immediatly post workout and having an ice cold shower the morning after will cut soreness and aches right down.

Lift as frequently as possible while hitting each muscle properly

What are you doing to warm up?

I think I need to stretch more. I do 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after. I think part of the problem is trying to lift as much as I did before I stopped. I'm going to stick at it and eat more. Thanks for the advice guys

Scroll down to his warm up. This should be a great place to start and won't take a lot of time at all. You'll feel a huge difference.