T Nation

Training Four Consecutive Days

Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable?

Only way to find out is to try it i guess…

If it were me locked into those days i’d bench saturday, deadlift Sun or mon then overhead press on tues. The next week it would be squat instead of deadlift…if it were me.

Of course not. How could you think this is a waste of time?!

I have a better idea…

HA DOU KEN!

[quote]kanew wrote:
Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable? [/quote]

Thinking too much. We don’t know how your body works. Use common sense and see how it goes.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
kanew wrote:
Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable?

Thinking too much. We don’t know how your body works. Use common sense and see how it goes.[/quote]

Fair enough. Asking purely to see if there was any known reason why it would be a bad idea. I’ll give it a run and see how it works out.

[quote]kanew wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
kanew wrote:
Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable?

Thinking too much. We don’t know how your body works. Use common sense and see how it goes.

Fair enough. Asking purely to see if there was any known reason why it would be a bad idea. I’ll give it a run and see how it works out.[/quote]

I think people are more worried that anyone would actually be concerned in the first place about this. In college, the gym was closed on weekends so obviously my training was Monday through Friday. You wrote “waste of time” like you really thought this would hurt gains in some way.

Tip: some of us train 6 days week and I am guessing the biggest people on this forum are also the guys who train most frequently.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
kanew wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
kanew wrote:
Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable?

Thinking too much. We don’t know how your body works. Use common sense and see how it goes.

Fair enough. Asking purely to see if there was any known reason why it would be a bad idea. I’ll give it a run and see how it works out.

I think people are more worried that anyone would actually be concerned in the first place about this. In college, the gym was closed on weekends so obviously my training was Monday through Friday. You wrote “waste of time” like you really thought this would hurt gains in some way.

Tip: some of us train 6 days week and I am guessing the biggest people on this forum are also the guys who train most frequently.[/quote]

I’m not going to lie - I did think it could potentially reduce gains perhaps through insufficient recovery between workouts.
I still don’t think it’s such a ludicrous question; I don’t claim to be an expert on the subject by any stretch so wanting to check with people that will know more about it than I do reduces my chances of doing something stupid. No need to be condescending.

[quote]kanew wrote:
Professor X wrote:
kanew wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
kanew wrote:
Reading 5.3.1 Manual; i can only train Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday.
Would training 4 days in a row be a waste of time?

i.e. in the order of Deads, Bench, Squat, Military Press.

I’d have the next 3 days to recover from any accumulated fatigue -
If i ensured 7-8 hours sleep per night and plenty of food would it be acceptable?

Thinking too much. We don’t know how your body works. Use common sense and see how it goes.

Fair enough. Asking purely to see if there was any known reason why it would be a bad idea. I’ll give it a run and see how it works out.

I think people are more worried that anyone would actually be concerned in the first place about this. In college, the gym was closed on weekends so obviously my training was Monday through Friday. You wrote “waste of time” like you really thought this would hurt gains in some way.

Tip: some of us train 6 days week and I am guessing the biggest people on this forum are also the guys who train most frequently.

I’m not going to lie - I did think it could potentially reduce gains perhaps through insufficient recovery between workouts.
I still don’t think it’s such a ludicrous question; I don’t claim to be an expert on the subject by any stretch so wanting to check with people that will know more about it than I do reduces my chances of doing something stupid. No need to be condescending.
[/quote]

There isn’t one thing condescending in that previous post. You are simply way too sensitive.

Yeh maybe, that’s how I interpreted it though. Any who, got the answer I was after so nevermind.

I trained two days in a row once… I was soo sore. Never again.

I train 6 days a week. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are hard. Wednesday and Saturday are easier, ‘beach body’ days.