T Nation

Training For Time!

Ok I just started lifting again and I for some odd reason I can like life for 10-15 mins, should I lower my weight or anything else?

I’m going with “anything else” as my answer because I have no idea what you are asking.

?

[quote]nikolo wrote:
I’m going with “anything else” as my answer because I have no idea what you are asking.[/quote]

My fault, What I am asking is, I can only lift like for that many minutes only like 6 reps on 1 set, is there any reason this is happening? or anything I can do to change it? So I have more stamina?!

Better I hope…

[quote]BigAceWhoa wrote:
nikolo wrote:
I’m going with “anything else” as my answer because I have no idea what you are asking.

My fault, What I am asking is, I can only lift like for that many minutes only like 6 reps on 1 set, is there any reason this is happening? or anything I can do to change it? So I have more stamina?!

Better I hope…
[/quote]

I still have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.

Damn lol, I wanna know why I cannot lift for an hour or so instead of 10-15 minutes?!!

Well first guess is you are out of shape, second you are using weights too heavy for you and crap out after a set or two.(Is this what you are saying?)

But honestly I’m not even sure what you are asking, maybe you should outline a typical gym session and walk us through it to help us understand.

well there is a secret, and il tell you if you dont tell any one else

if you can only lift for 10-15 minutes then… lift for a hour shit man I always thought liftin weights was the easy way to get big and now your askin for a easy way to lift weights…

[quote]n3wb wrote:
well there is a secret, and il tell you if you dont tell any one else

if you can only lift for 10-15 minutes then… lift for a hour shit man I always thought liftin weights was the easy way to get big and now your askin for a easy way to lift weights…[/quote]

LOL great answer :slight_smile:

Id say your conditioning is shit. You need to well work out and it will get better.

I have to ? are you resting between sets?? why cant to lift longer?? If you honestly cant physically go on I say yes your very very out of shape that and check your diet. Are you eating?

Aim to slowly progress and hell like the above said just do it. Make your self do more aim to progress add more time work harder this stuff isnt a walk in the park if you want results its hard work enjoy it.

So

rest Are you??

Conditioning is shit keep working on it

hows the diet are you eating??

Why cant you lift longer? Physically you cant or is it just Hard??

Phill

[quote]BigAceWhoa wrote:
Ok I just started lifting again and I for some odd reason I can like life for 10-15 mins, should I lower my weight or anything else?[/quote]

I can only lift for an hour. Why can’t I lift weights for 38 hours straight? IS there something wrong with me?

haha just teasting

dude you are OUT OF SHAPE how can you not know that.

Seriously though now, are you quite fat?

You could be in terrible shape and not know it, in fact, you might need a checkup with a doctor. That would be my first advice.

However, you won’t do that. So do this. Drop the weight by 50% and if you still can’t go for more than 15 mins then SEE A DOCTOR NOW.

You could be having a mild heartattack. It wouldn’t be the first time that has happened. That is NOT what I think is happening by the way.

If you drop the weight and can go for much longer then the problem is more likely that you are really really out of shape. Don’t worry, it should not take too long to get back into shape.

To fix this…keep lifting until you can lift for an hour.

Then you will be able to lift for an hour.

thanks guys… I was considering dropping the weight a lilbit and see what happens.