T Nation

Training for Something Coming Up?

Any body training for something good?

got a grappling match, tournament, fight, what have you?

Tell us your training for something good, instead of the lame ass threads here of late.

I’ve got 5 local tournaments coming up this year, and I might travel for a couple more.

3/20/2010 Kearney,MO Welcome Mat Games
4/10/2010 Blue Springs,MO DLT Spring Tournament
5/22/2010 Kearney,MO AAU Freestyle Judo Nationals
7/24/2010 Kearney,MO AAU Judo Grand Nationals
10/23/2010 Blue Springs,MO DLT Memorial & MO State Championships

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:
I’ve got 5 local tournaments coming up this year, and I might travel for a couple more.

3/20/2010 Kearney,MO Welcome Mat Games
4/10/2010 Blue Springs,MO DLT Spring Tournament
5/22/2010 Kearney,MO AAU Freestyle Judo Nationals
7/24/2010 Kearney,MO AAU Judo Grand Nationals
10/23/2010 Blue Springs,MO DLT Memorial & MO State Championships
[/quote]

damn-you’re gonna be busy! are those all judo?

EDIT: duh, i re-read it and saw the answer…

i’m hoping to make the Army National guard combatives tournement in the end of March (here’s the thread i already started: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/army_national_guard_combatives_tournement ), but my wife’s had an extended hospital stay, so my training has been limited.

i might try to do a BJJ or MMA event later on if this doesn’t work out…when i get a chance i’ll post so of my training plan on my original thread

Hey that is great stuff…lots of judo

and cyco that sounds like agood event,
I used to play greco with the army types

thanks guys good stuff.

I might do a novice tournament too, seeing as I’ll still have less than 2 years under my belt. I don’t know about that one, though. It would depend on the other competitors… I don’t want to go in and beat guys with less experience than me. If there are other guys there that aren’t total noobs I might play.

I’m training for Phase B in May. It’s the level 2 instructor certification in Krav. 7 straight full days of bang-bang-bang.

I was so battered after Phase A that it rattles me to think about it, but if I train like an animal I should be okay. (gulp)

Sounds brutal! How many levels are there in Krav?

Just signed up for a newcomer state championship tournament under K1 rules.

I have seven weeks to train for. Hopefully this year i will win because last year i lost the first fight to the tournament winner.

Training for my first amateur boxing match Jan 30th.

SHW weightclass fighting in under 19’s

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:
Sounds brutal! How many levels are there in Krav?[/quote]

Six, I think. Yellow-orange-green-blue-black

Here’s me & my buddy at Phase A. Sadly, he ended up in the hospital a couple of days later. Don’t know if this photo will stick in here or not…

[photo]24076[/photo]

Second MMA fight coming up in March, hoping to add a little more versatility on the feet.

just NAGA, Feb 20th for now

http://nagafighter.com/index.php?module=eventinformationpage/149

I’m fighting gi and no gi in whatever weight class I can cut to the night before.

This will be my first tourney since breaking my ribs so who knows. If I do well, at least 3 W’s, I might schedule more. But if I get sprawled on too hard, my ribs might break again and I’ll be done for another 8-12 months. Hopefully not, I wubs my jitz.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

[quote]admbaum wrote:
just NAGA, Feb 20th for now

http://nagafighter.com/index.php?module=eventinformationpage/149

I’m fighting gi and no gi in whatever weight class I can cut to the night before.

This will be my first tourney since breaking my ribs so who knows. If I do well, at least 3 W’s, I might schedule more. But if I get sprawled on too hard, my ribs might break again and I’ll be done for another 8-12 months. Hopefully not, I wubs my jitz.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

[/quote]

Awesome. We shall be there…I will not be rolling,but will be there supporting my teammates.

Awesome stuff cooking people nice work…

NAGA is allot of fun… good luck every body.

keep it going who else is training for something good.

My fifth and last Shootfighting fight in two weeks, the 6th of Februar. Training hasn’t really been that concentrated up to this fight, since I absolutely hate winter and my discipline hits rockbottom new year and slowly builds up from there.

This is pretty much just a “training” fight for my Amateur Vale Tudo debut the 6th of March. :slight_smile:

I’ve been flirting with the idea of rolling at Arnolds. It’ll be my second comp ever, and first one as a blue belt. If I can manage to be lighter by the middle of the month, I’ll do it.

Registered for Fight2Win/Century Martial Arts Grappling Championships tomorrow in Austin…just for the hell of it…lol.

Good stuff guys. I just started training for my first MMA event. It’s 3 years down the road. Haha. Seriously though I plan on starting to train BJJ (again) soon after I get some other stuff taken care of, so hopefully I can add something to this thread down the road. Good luck to everyone in their training. Break a leg! (just not yours)

I am training for two events:

2010 North American Freestyle Sambo Championships (NJ)
2010 Sambo Worlds (Prague)

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Registered for Fight2Win/Century Martial Arts Grappling Championships tomorrow in Austin…just for the hell of it…lol.

[/quote]

Awesome! Kick some ass!