Training for Some Time, Want to Make a Transformation for Masters Event

This is going to leave a mark if it was a significant tear. Often times this ‘mark’ is evident by muscular development - not too much you can do to correct it, but unilateral exercises are never a bad thing! The best way to fix overall posture (this is not specific to you, but to everyone) is to train with good posture - shoulders back, chin up, the whole 9…

Though diet is crucially important, a leaner bulk just means being modest in your calorie surplus (“bulking” is not synonomous with “eating like shit”). Body recomp is possible but renowned for being slow - i still personally recommend trying to grow some of your lagging bodyparts via bulk, then cut down before you have your event. I’m a Paul Carter fanboy, so here’s a solid article he wrote that might give you some insight on bulking and cutting (there are many ways to do either).

1 Like

Wow thanks so much for all the help and guidance. I’ll give it a read and a follow. Started with ppl today.

Hit 396 for 5on deads, pretty happy!

Shoulders back chin up the whole 9, that’s my training mantra now💪.

I’ll try the bulk and cut and hit the parts you suggested, got to suck it up and work legs hard! 3 I’m thinking 2 leg sessions and some hull sprints in a week?

I’m not going to talk you out of doing more, just be prepared that you’ll be sore pretty much all over. If you have it in you to do hill sprints - go right ahead, sprints of any kind will allow you to eat a bit more and still be within target calorie range.

I should probably add that i’m by no means the foremost expert here, there are PLENTY of others on this forum that put me to shame on knowledge. If you get advice from others, please do consider it - everyone has something to learn from.

Thanks for the help everyone time to shine! Should I try get shredded then bulk or bulk from here then shred. I keep reading different opinions but reading paul Carter he says shredded first…:.

What ever you decide fully commit to it. Nothing worse than wasting time doing something half hearted.

Yours is a confusing ask–you have multiple goals (Get bigger! Get leaner! Be able to compete in a brutal swimming competition!) and multiple deadlines.

First things first: When is your next (first?) deadline, and on what criteria will you be judged at this deadline?

1 Like

The race is irreverent it’s 90m sprinting. I just want to look dam good when I get there hahah. It’s next September

The formula for looking good is simple–a well-developed beam up top (prominent delts, upper chest, traps), a small tight waist in the middle, and a good butt and quads below. Workouts should be designed with these specific attributes in mind. (Not sure why you’re deadlifting, for example.)

IMO, at your (good) BF level, there’s no need to cut cals until shortly before the ‘competition.’

Thank you so much, funny you say that I was listening to Christian thi say the same thing about deadlifts.