Training for Size Help

Yano what f’it I guess I’m just over thinking something that simple train hard and eat like every meals my last. I have one more question tho, when looking at let’s say a lee priest work out nd it shows him only doing 3 exercises on chest is that true or is it just some bull that magazines come out with because I just find it hard to believe some one can grow so much with only that amount of training.

growing is like a 24/7 job
1.eat big
2.aim for 8 consistient hours of sleep
3.try to get stronger every workout
4.3 years later realize your huge body makes your wiener look smaller.

[quote]welshmuscle wrote:
Yano what f’it I guess I’m just over thinking something that simple train hard and eat like every meals my last. I have one more question tho, when looking at let’s say a lee priest work out nd it shows him only doing 3 exercises on chest is that true or is it just some bull that magazines come out with because I just find it hard to believe some one can grow so much with only that amount of training.[/quote]

More is not always better. Your body has a limit to where more work is going to be detramental rather then beneficial. For example, if did 100 sets of max deadlifts every day, would I soon be the strongest deadlifter in the world? No. Just like if I did 100 sets of chest everyday, I wouldn’t suddenly grow the biggest chest in the world.

Sorry guys I’m just a dumb lil welshboy :frowning: and what I mean is I find it hard to believe looking at alexey lesukov work out he’s only doing 10 sets a week to his chest when I’m doing so much more. What I’m asking is does any one here think that 6 work outs is to much on chest. I am growing I’m just wondering if I did less would I grow more.[/quote]

Dude, doing lots of sets isn’t the best way to gain size. If you look at alot of the top programs out there, DC, Max Ot, etc… they call for a very limited amount of sets but with high intensity. The #1 thing to getting big, is to get stronger. if your not getting stronger, your not going to get bigger, its as simple as that. Now, to add to that, you must eat enough calories to allow for growth, and you have to be in a certain range of sets. doing 4-6 reps, isn’t enough. the time under tension is far to low. your reps should be in the 8-12 reps.

I mean workouts as in I’ll do incline bench,decline bench,incline dumbbell press,decline dumbbell press,incline flys and then machine flys.[/quote]

that is wayyyyy to many exercises to do for chest in a workout. remember, its very hard to get really strong when your doing a ton of different exercises. pick some really basic exercises for each muscle group and get as strong as you can in each exercises. What your doing is very typcial of a newbie, doing anything and everything to get big. but thats exactly what not to do.

Yano what f’it I guess I’m just over thinking something that simple train hard and eat like every meals my last. I have one more question tho, when looking at let’s say a lee priest work out nd it shows him only doing 3 exercises on chest is that true or is it just some bull that magazines come out with because I just find it hard to believe some one can grow so much with only that amount of training.[/quote]

dude, one of the best programs every developed is call DC Training. that only calls for 1 set per bodypart. granted, you do 2 or 3 rest pause sets, but thats it. its only for advanced lifters. but thats just an example of why doing low volume is better for growth.

how is that so hard to believe?

I do 3 exercises on chest day, incline BB press, flat BB press, cable flyes. 1 all out set for each, 2 more sets at that weight, 2 more sets at lighter weights. I have no problem growing.

you have to look at magazine workouts in the right context. is that what Lee is doing to get big now, is it what he did in the past, is it a maintenance routine, or a contest prep…

anyway yes quit fucking around. pick one benchmark and improve against it every session.

Sorry guys I’m just a dumb lil welshboy :frowning: and what I mean is I find it hard to believe looking at alexey lesukov work out he’s only doing 10 sets a week to his chest when I’m doing so much more. What I’m asking is does any one here think that 6 work outs is to much on chest. I am growing I’m just wondering if I did less would I grow more.[/quote]

yeah the thing with Alexey is that he’s very genetically gifted and he also takes his “supplements”. if you’re focusing on just using your chest to do the movement and putting maximum emphasis on this then you should be fine with 1-2 workouts every 7 days for chest.why not do pressing movements on one day and flye movements on the other workout? just a suggestion. i personally thing you’re overdoing it. just focus on training hard and the gains will come in time…be patient boyo

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

I do 3 exercises on chest day, incline BB press, flat BB press, cable flyes. 1 all out set for each, 2 more sets at that weight, 2 more sets at lighter weights. I have no problem growing.

you have to look at magazine workouts in the right context. is that what Lee is doing to get big now, is it what he did in the past, is it a maintenance routine, or a contest prep…

anyway yes quit fucking around. pick one benchmark and improve against it every session.[/quote]

So how many sets are you doing? Sounds like -

BB Flat - 2 sets ramped to 190 to failure for 8 reps. and then you do 190 for 2 more sets? so 5 sets per exercise?

So let me get this straight. You’ve looked at what big people used to get big and then decided that you should essentially do the opposite and wonder why you’re not gaining the way you’d like to?

Hmm, maybe if I did 6 exercises for chest, mine wouldn’t be so small. I see the light now!

No what i thought was the magazines where lying b*$£#$s and it was all a conspiracy to stop me getting maaahoooosiiive :slight_smile: lmao. ok then guys can you all name a decent program for me to have a look on. ill choose 1 and start it monday and ill even make a log of how im doing. oh and jehuty thanks for the boyo you racists son of a b&$£ lmao.

WM

No what i thought was the magazines where lying b*$£#$s and it was all a conspiracy to stop me getting maaahoooosiiive :slight_smile: lmao. ok then guys can you all name a decent program for me to have a look on. ill choose 1 and start it monday and ill even make a log of how im doing. oh and jehuty thanks for the boyo you racists son of a b&$£ lmao.

WM[/quote]

My goal is now officially changed from becoming hyuuuuge to becoming maaahooosiive.

[quote]llostintheworld wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

anyway yes quit fucking around. pick one benchmark and improve against it every session.[/quote]

So how many sets are you doing? Sounds like -

BB Flat - 2 sets ramped to 190 to failure for 8 reps. and then you do 190 for 2 more sets? so 5 sets per exercise?
[/quote]

my top set is 10 reps for compound lifts and 15 reps for isolation exercises. yes, 5 sets total for some exercises. I don’t do that for squats, deads or rows due to safety reasons though, but this may change in the future.