I’ve been a member here for a couple of years and gained alot of valuable information in that time without being too loud. Well its my time to make some noise. Recently I entered the Circle City Strongest Man Contest here in Indianapolis. The event takes place May 9th and I’ll be in the 231 lb. class. I’m 28yrs old, 6’ and currently 237lbs with 14% bf.
My big three (all in the gym) are Bench 365, Dead 585, Squat 525. I’ve never been in any strength competition before this so I see this as a learning experience. I know I have little chance of actually winning but I think this will be an awesome experience that I can use to push me forward in this amazing sport.
Today me and the guys worked outside with the tire (720 lber) flipping it as many times as possible in 60sec. my first attempt I managed 8 flips, second attempt 6 flips and third attempt 6 flips After that we did a timed farmers walk 175lbs (each hand) 50ft with a turn and return = 100ft total, I managed that in just under 27sec.
This was our first attempt at actual events due to Indiana weather but with 2 months still to go I believe my technic as well as my speed and maybe even my strength will improve before the event.
2009 Circle City’s Strongest Man
- Truck Pull: Harness and Rope on large truck, 18000lb. Chalk, rock climbers okay. No tacky. 60 seconds to complete 100? course.
- Axle Press: Clean/continental once, press for reps. Can not build up belt (buckle to the back). Elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, okay. Can set implement down when needed. LW 220, HW 260. 60 seconds.
- Tire Flip: Chalk, gorilla rag okay. No tacky. 80? course, 60 seconds. Weights TBA
- Car Dead lift: For Reps. Straps okay, Suits okay. Lifter?s feet must stay in designated area. Feet can not be too far in front of lifter (past the dead lift frame). Side Handle. 60 Seconds
- Farmers Walk: 100? course, no turns. No straps. LW 260. HW 300. 60 seconds
- Atlas Stones: Stones loaded to a height of 52?. Tacky allowed. No home made platform shoes. LW 225-330, HW 250-360. 60 seconds. Alternate event is Stone for Reps to a 52? bar. LW 300, HW 330.