Training for Long Term Weight Cut

If I get fired (not happening) or my employer explores shorter working hours. I’d continue with Nutty’s past the new year but I don’t train alone, and my crew would like a change

I’m pitching

to them now.

Out of curiosity, what does 250g of protein look like for you?

How much of it is from food, any shakes added?

I’m realizing that even a pound of meat is still only 80g, a quart of milk is only 32g, and a dozen eggs is only 72g of protein, and all of that still falls short of 250 at 182g. So what do you eat that gets you this high on protein?

I usually only get in 130-150g a day at 200lbs and it’s been adequate in getting me bigger (from a lighter weight of 170) and stronger because I’m liberal with my carbs. But I figure if I want to get leaner, I should prolly reduce the overall calories with the carbs, and up the protein.

1 Like

I’ll just list the protein from today
Meal 1
1 cup fat free cottage cheese with grape nuts, oats, and strawberries
Meal 2
Shake
Meal 3
5 oz ground beef 1/2 cup rice, veggies
Meal 4
5 oz turkey sausage/shrimp 1/2 cup red potatoes, veggies
Meal 5
5 oz chicken, 3 oz veggies
Meal 6
Shake
Meal 7
5 oz chicken, 3 oz veggies
Meal 8
Shake.

Think that’s around 230 or so for today. Sometimes I take my meat portions up to 6-7 oz and loose a shake as well. It’s so much easier if you eat more meals. I have a breakfast and 4 other food meals usually and then shakes.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks! Gives me a good visual. I’m not big into shakes but I think it’ll help getting up there

1 Like

Egg whites are basically nothing but protein and a little water. Quark, and low-fat cottage cheese are other good options. And there’s a low fat cheese available here that’s 10% fat but 33g of protein per 100g which is crazy.

1 Like

Oh dang I gotta look into those. Def copping some pasteurized egg whites today.

1 Like

Here is what my diet currently looks like. Would you advice or modify?

1. Shake and creatine.
  2. Banana, 200g Bulgarian yogurt + seeds, apple, carrot
  3. Cottage cheese
  4. 4 whole eggs, chicken tight/breasts, salad
  5. 50g nuts - wallnut, almonds, nuts
  6. Either a salad with chicken/fish or rise/potato with chicken. Sometime addining lentis or bean soup.

Do you do one big meal prep each week? I know three of those are shakes and one zero-prep but if I were eating four cooked meals a day I’d feel like I was a full-time dishwasher!

1 Like

I cook once a week except for steaming veggies and making rice. But yeah it’s a ton of containers. I use 4 a day and my wife uses 3. I try to run to the sink at work and hand wash it as soon as I eat so I don’t have as much to do when I get home.

Yeah I had 2-3 containers at work when I went to an office and I must admit, washing them at work doesn’t really feel quite so arduous.

1 Like

Broadly speaking looks fine. Get some proper vegetables/greens in though, not just salad.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I do. Food prep at Sundays. Lots of containers. Bought some salt apple vinegar and olive oil for the office for salad dressing and thats it.

Curious as to what your macros are? Do you know what your % split is and your rough caloric intake?

It’s wonderful to be slim, anyway not conventional to fit out for a significant long time and find there’s no muscle. I’m 174cm and 90kg notwithstanding I feel slight, and I was very unremarkable. To me, a learner who is fresh with building muscle won’t understand how to keep up the muscle when they’re on a huge cut

Sorry for the late reply. I am not completely sure. It was around 2300 cal with about 170g of protein.