T Nation

Training for Lagging Bodyparts

@CT

Hello,

I was just wondering where you stood on bringing up a lagging bodypart while still strictly following the Layer System?

my back/chest/shoulders are a lot more developed than my arms… I’m working my triceps as an accessory to my pressing days (3sets of 6-8), but was wondering the best way to bring up lagging biceps?

I also dont have a typical lat/bicep day like you recommend because my lats are the most overdeveloped part of me! so what would you recommend for stimulating bicep growth? also is my tricep work sufficient?

My split:

Trapbar Deadlifts
Decline Press
High Pulls
OFF
Incline Press
High Pulls
OFF

many thanks in advance!

I know this is a 2 month old thread, but what did you end up doing?

i put faith in what someone told me, and started doing max-pump style rope curls after each high pull session.

i now have visible brachialis muscles!! haha and my arms are definitely wider from the front… find CT’s youtube video where he does rope curls, you’ll see that he brings his elbows back as he curls… DO THAT! it works wonders! also twist your palms outward to stimulate your biceps at the end.

as for triceps, i actually stopped the 3x6-8 stuff as it was hurting my progress on presses. instead i focused on doing the max pump style as it is less taxing.

all in all my arms have grown 1/4 of an inch in the last 2-3 weeks doing these. seriously 3 sets of max pump rope curls will do wonders for upper arm girth after your SGHP days.

[quote]lboro21 wrote:
i put faith in what someone told me, and started doing max-pump style rope curls after each high pull session.

i now have visible brachialis muscles!! haha and my arms are definitely wider from the front… find CT’s youtube video where he does rope curls, you’ll see that he brings his elbows back as he curls… DO THAT! it works wonders! also twist your palms outward to stimulate your biceps at the end.

as for triceps, i actually stopped the 3x6-8 stuff as it was hurting my progress on presses. instead i focused on doing the max pump style as it is less taxing.

all in all my arms have grown 1/4 of an inch in the last 2-3 weeks doing these. seriously 3 sets of max pump rope curls will do wonders for upper arm girth after your SGHP days.[/quote]

Some of the things I’ve done for arm improvement: cross body hammer curls (for biceps/brachialis) and 1.5 rep rope hammer curls with 2 seconds at the top… and for triceps lots of close grip bench press. L-extensions, and rope pulldowns, spread apart pulldowns, and overhead extensions (in a triple set, usually 5 x 15-25)

frequency for a lagging bodypart?

[quote]fighter87 wrote:
frequency for a lagging bodypart?[/quote]

i train biceps after high pulls, triceps after pressing.

for me they weren’t lagging, i just felt they weren’t growing along with everything else on the layer system.

how many sets of triceps after pressing days and what excercises work best for you?

[quote]t-tyme wrote:
how many sets of triceps after pressing days and what excercises work best for you?
[/quote]

2-3 sets of max pump style work for triceps -biceps is 3-4 sets actually with the rope curls i mentioned, but triceps don’t need as much extra work because of all the pressing.

nothing fancy, i just do cable extensions, but with my arms at a 45 degree angle when fully extended, so the iso-holds in the max pump work are harder (because of the angle). nothing scientific, it just feels good and i get a crazy pump from it.