T Nation

Training for First Competition has Commenced

It actually started about two weeks ago.

Today I made a bit of a leap for myself going from 60 pounds to 70 pounds for each hand with dumbbell press. Which I think is kind of impressive considering before I broke my hand (which officially finished healing last week) I was doing 65 pounds.

I just thought I’d ask for some pointers in discipline with diets and for any pointers that anyone has about preparation.
My training is pretty much solid, I just want some pointers on anything that I may not be expecting for competition.
Before photos won’t be posted until there is some noticeable changed with my physique, which I’ll post with measurements.

what year are you planning on entering this competition?

wait so you are training for a competition and you don’t have your body looking the way you want it for “before” photos???

I’m lost…do you mean you started training and would eventually like to compete?

DG

[quote]1morerep wrote:
what year are you planning on entering this competition?[/quote]

I was planning on entering this years, but I didn’t have enough preparation time to get my bf% down to 5%. As well as the fact I had no experience in the competitive field. I’d also suffered a broken hand a month and a half before competing started so that obviously stopped me training.
So I’ve decided I’ll prepare for next years. You’d think it was far off but not if I want to make 10kg gain by that time.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
wait so you are training for a competition and you don’t have your body looking the way you want it for “before” photos???

DG[/quote]

I do have photos, but they’re of a bad quality because they’re from a mobile. So to stop people being judgmental arseholes I’m just waiting for the second set of photos that I’ll take until I post them.

[quote]Heffron wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

DG

I do have photos, but they’re of a bad quality because they’re from a mobile. So to stop people being judgmental arseholes I’m just waiting for the second set of photos that I’ll take until I post them.[/quote]

oh alrite. lol

I thought you meant your body wasn’t even to the point of where you want your before photos to start. lol I was like wtf? lol

well dood if you have any questions feel free to ask…I have a few rodeo’s under my belt and would be glad to help.

DG