Training for Basketball

Hello all,

I play basketball six days a week. This conists of a mixture of solo training for one-two hours or a three on three game.

The problem is my back sometimes aches(badly). I was wondering if this is purely down to a weak back or a flexibility issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions to address this problem?
Bearing in mind I began doing deadlifts, squats and bent over rows a month or so ago(with no problems so faredit since I hit the weights).

With thanks Shire.

[quote]Shire wrote:
The problem is my back sometimes aches(badly). I was wondering if this is purely down to a weak back or a flexibility issue.
[/quote]

Where does your back hurt, and what positions (or situations) seem to induce the most pain?

Just below my right shoulder blade. When I tried to sleep on my left side it was too sore to get relaxed and sleep last night.

Also when sitting down it hurts somewhat.

Olympic based lifting will help the most with basketball.

[quote]Shire wrote:
Just below my right shoulder blade. When I tried to sleep on my left side it was too sore to get relaxed and sleep last night.

Also when sitting down it hurts somewhat.[/quote]

Hmm does it hurt to do overhead lifts like military press? Is it more shoulder or back pain? I’m thinking you need to do some rehab exercises that target the scapula like some lying dumbbell rows, external rotations, and internal rotations.