Training For 4 Years But Never Ate in A Surplus

I have been training for 4 years and out of that 4 years I have never ate in a calorie surplus, always been in a deficit. When I started training I was a little overweight and was able to drop the fat put on some muscle and get stronger.

My question is if I go in a calorie surplus can I expect the “noob” gains of 2-3 lbs of muscle a month they talk about?

My stats 35 6’0 196 and around 13-15 bf%, I did one of those test ppl claim are accurate to see your size potential based on wrist size and ankle size and mine was 225 lbs at 15% BF.

In a previous topic, you said you put on muscle quickly when you ate a surplus

Why lie to us dude? What is your end game?

2 Likes

Confuse the forum = confuse the muscle = gains

5 Likes

Who talks about this? At 35 and your weight and body comp (if you have it correct) I would say it’s very unlikely that you can gain 30+lbs of muscle is a year. Why not just eat a slight surplus and see what the results are. Are you thinking that If you only gain 10lbs in a year it won’t be worth it ??

I’m not commenting specifically on this, but there is this thing lately where people are saying “I am in a deficit, but don’t lose weight,” or here we have “I’ve gotten somewhat bigger, but I’ve never been in a surplus.”

These things simply can’t be true. A caloric surplus gains weight, a deficit loses it.

I also think maybe we’re not realizing there is a range of “maintenance” calories. Maybe that’s where the confusion is. I seem to be able to go up or down ~200 calories without affecting me weight, so I have an effective maintenance window that’s 400 calories wide. I think people read the calculators and think it’s a single number that just is.

Anyway, my nonsense is done… and may not even be relevant here other than I’m sure at some point the OP gained weight, hence a surplus.

3 Likes

What are you going to do with that information?

1 Like

Love when guys can’t keep their shit straight and they contradict themselves. Which does end up Implying that they might not be legit Also love In some cases when they stumble over themselves to do damage control when called out. :grin:
My money is on your question will be ignored.

1 Like