Training/Dieting In The Heat

Well the weather is starting to get pretty warm up here in New York. I was have started the Get Shredded diet and I wanted to take HOT-ROX Extreme along with it. Is Extreme still ok to take in these kind of conditions? Of course I am not going to do anything stupid like take 2 pills and go do sprints in the middle of the afternoon. But I am from Ga and I am accustomed to the heat.

I have taken HOT-ROX Extreme before and I was heated during this time. I didn’t know if there is a difference between being hot and feeling hot. Thanks guys

[quote]Znug wrote:
Well the weather is starting to get pretty warm up here in New York. [/quote]

Tell me about it. My reccomendation would be swimming (hopefully it’s at some place mildly exclusive, since about 8,000,000 other people have the same idea) if you want cardio, then waiting until night to lift, OR in a heavily air-conditioned room.

I don’t know anything about HOT-ROX.

I’m using HOT-ROX Extreme, I’m training my ass off in the Florida heat (in my garage/driveway), and I’m following a Renegade program…If I can do it, I’m sure you can too! Stay hydrated!!!

I was taking HOT-ROX Extreme and working out in the Arizona heat. Like Nate said, drink lots of fluids. Lots and lots of fluids.

Eh,I know how you’re feeling.This morning I went to go workout but weather guy said the heat index would be 105 today…and since my car has no A/C I would probably be in bad shape by the time i got home,and then I have to be at work at 11.So I put todays off.But if you have to,I agree with nate-drink that water

before anyone says anything about me “copping” out,i do train when its in the 80s-90s but 105 is too much for me,considering it takes an hour and a cold shower to get me not sweating…not cool,just not sweating

Hey Znug,
Hey, what part of NY are you from…I live in Howard Beach…don’t worry I stay away from the Gold’s Gym on Cross Bay lol - ech!!! Yeah, today was brutal, but I like training in the heat up to a point.

All this heat is a bitch, for sure.

But I guarantee that these guys have it worse

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=993004

This thread put my ass in check, for sure.

B.

I train in the small warehouse in the back of my office building. It has no airconditioning, no ventilation, and the only air movement is a fan that blows 120 degree air.

I still train 4-5 days per week. I drink tons of water, and I take an extra 30 seconds to a minute rest between sets.

I hate summer.

Besides all of the above, I have resorted to taking the water hose and spraying my head, neck and upper back almost after every set of my workout.

It helps cool my body a bit so I can get through the workouts and not die of heat stroke.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I train in the small warehouse in the back of my office building. It has no airconditioning, no ventilation, and the only air movement is a fan that blows 120 degree air.

I still train 4-5 days per week. I drink tons of water, and I take an extra 30 seconds to a minute rest between sets.

I hate summer. [/quote]

Well, wearing the bulletproof codpiece has to keep things a little toasty as well. Ever think of taking that thing off?

B.