Training Deadlift 3 Time/wk

Is it possible to train the train the deadlift at 90%, 85% and 80% three times per week ?

The thing is after I work up to a 3 rep max for the dealift on Monday, my deadlift is fried for the rest of the week. For the rest of the week at 80% of my 1 rep max, I can only do 1-2 reps. I don’t have such a problem for the bench press. I wonder why.

teotjunk

Deadlift is hard on the lower back and it needs more recovery time. You can deadlift 3 times a week if you use variations. Goodmornings and Stiff legged deadlifts will work the back and glutes but are easier to recover from. I save deadlifts to Friday as I have a longer break due to the weekend. Many only do deadlifts every 2 weeks, some don’t do them until they come to a powerlifting meet. Power cleans and high pulls will build power off the floor and can help with your deadlift.

Stu

How about it I do this. Deadlift for 3 rep max on Monday, Wed Squat Jumps and Friday 5 Rep max for Squat

teotjunk

That looks better.

Would it be a all right if I replaced the squat jumps or speed deadlifts with power cleans as speed work.

teotjunk