Training Day Eating

I train on Mon. Wed. and Fri. for breakfast I have 2-3 packs of oatmeal and a small supreme protein bar or muscle milk. lunch is usually a wheat chicken wrap with spinach and brocolli or a big supreme protein bar with water throughout the day. When I get home it’s trail mix, pre workout, and test booster. Good enough??

Well, how many calories is that total, and how many grams of protein is that total?

I’m sure it’s not enough but I have to deal with it. School lunch is pathetic, breakfast has to be short, and we’re not allowed to eat anything else during classes. I’m trying to find out some foods with more calories/protein/carbs I could have to get a decent amount in me throughout the day by the time I get home to lift

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
I’m sure it’s not enough but I have to deal with it. School lunch is pathetic, breakfast has to be short, and we’re not allowed to eat anything else during classes. I’m trying to find out some foods with more calories/protein/carbs I could have to get a decent amount in me throughout the day by the time I get home to lift[/quote]

you should just get really good at eating hard and fast. I’m talking like slamming a sandwich or slice of pizza in less than a minute. That way you can just carry a bunch of egg,tomato,mayo sandwitches with you and slam them throughout the day.

small foods you can carry eat and snack on during breaks or something:

beef jerky
nuts
Snack size canned tuna
packets of peanut butter

Figure out your rough BMR, then create a goal daily caloric total based on your goals to either gain weight or lose it. Track your eating daily, or roughly estimate. You should track calories for a day or two if you have never attempted, it tells you a lot.

I’m sure it’s not enough but I have to deal with it. School lunch is pathetic, breakfast has to be short, and we’re not allowed to eat anything else during classes. I’m trying to find out some foods with more calories/protein/carbs I could have to get a decent amount in me throughout the day by the time I get home to lift[/quote]

I missed this reply. The loophole is they allow you to have drinks, right? Like soda? If so, have a shake or two mixed together. I used to do this. Sometimes take to class, sometimes slam at my locker. I found most teachers approved of the discipline when I did it. They saw I was trying to better myself. Washing those stinky shakers at the end of the week was awful though.

[quote]demonthrall wrote:

I missed this reply. The loophole is they allow you to have drinks, right? Like soda? If so, have a shake or two mixed together. I used to do this. Sometimes take to class, sometimes slam at my locker. I found most teachers approved of the discipline when I did it. They saw I was trying to better myself. Washing those stinky shakers at the end of the week was awful though.[/quote]

Washing dirty shakers at the end of the day is awful

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]demonthrall wrote:

I missed this reply. The loophole is they allow you to have drinks, right? Like soda? If so, have a shake or two mixed together. I used to do this. Sometimes take to class, sometimes slam at my locker. I found most teachers approved of the discipline when I did it. They saw I was trying to better myself. Washing those stinky shakers at the end of the week was awful though.[/quote]

Washing dirty shakers at the end of the day is awful[/quote]

I used to wait until the end of the week to take them all home. Since I barely had time to drink them, I definitely didn’t have time to wash them. My schoolbag would be packed with dirty empty shakers, and they’d all be moldy. It makes me almost gag thinking about it!

I train on Mon. Wed. and Fri. for breakfast I have 2-3 packs of oatmeal and a small supreme protein bar or muscle milk. lunch is usually a wheat chicken wrap with spinach and brocolli or a big supreme protein bar with water throughout the day. When I get home it’s trail mix, pre workout, and test booster. Good enough??[/quote]
First and most importantly, taking a test booster at 16 is retarded. It’s a waste of money, as you’re already in the middle of the biggest natural hormone boost you’ll experience.

Second, I’m super confused. Last week in another thread, you said “But my diet is good I never eat any type of “junk food” and haven’t for the past like 2 years. All I eat is grilled chicken,steak,turkey breasts,ham steaks,salmon,eggs,trail mixes,PB&J,protein bars ( Supreme Protein and Met-RX ), shakes ( ON 100% whey, ON hydro whey, Bioquest Myozene, muscle milk, Serious Mass, and occasionally MHP up your mass ) brown rice, brocolli, spinach, bananas, and apples. I eat almost nothing but those things.”

The sample day you wrote in this thread is far different from that list. So, I have to ask the question: What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

I haven’t changed a bit in like 2 years so I wanna say I’m toward the end of the whole “teenage hormonal/ growth spurt” And yeah those are literally the only things I do eat but I don’t get all of those foods in 1 day. Here’s yesterday
breakfast- 2 packs of oatmeal, small supreme protein bar, cranberry juice, fish oil, tribulus
lunch- tribulus/fish oil wheat wrap with a chicken breast with spinach and a side of broccoli
pre workout- 2 scoops of xpand 2x and like 1/4 of a decent sized bag of trail mix
post workout- 2 scoops of myozene 2 chicken breasts, bag of brown rice, couple handfuls of spinach and 1/4 gallon of water.
then i went to bed. No where near enough calories or anything so on tuesday/thursday/saturday/and sunday I try hard to stock up on calories cause I don’t lift those days. There’s no chance I’m gonna start eating bad food just to get my calories either

Tribulus is a joke, I fell into that trap also. Makes me want to hump everything. Worst 25 bucks I’ve ever spent.

its not essential to eat every 2-3 hours. you can gain just fine on 4-5 meals. and yea tribulus is a joke especially at your age wont do anything, i know from experience sadly. whats the reason you can’t train on the other days

breakfast- 2 packs of oatmeal, small supreme protein bar, cranberry juice, fish oil, tribulus
lunch- tribulus/fish oil wheat wrap with a chicken breast with spinach and a side of broccoli
pre workout- 2 scoops of xpand 2x and like 1/4 of a decent sized bag of trail mix
post workout- 2 scoops of myozene 2 chicken breasts, bag of brown rice, couple handfuls of spinach and 1/4 gallon of water.
then i went to bed. No where near enough calories or anything so on tuesday/thursday/saturday/and sunday I try hard to stock up on calories cause I don’t lift those days. There’s no chance I’m gonna start eating bad food just to get my calories either[/quote]

try eggs and oatmeal and drop the bars whenever possible, add a ton of stuff to the oatmeal like nuts, seeds, coconut oil, milk and then have a fruit. can even throw the fruit in the oatmeal like berries. drop the trib. make sure this meal is big enough
lunch needs to bigger too-if your looking to up cals try potatoes, carrots, squashes and other higher calories veggies along with the broccoli and spinach.
after school have a meal-even a shake mixed with the trail mix. then take your pre workout if u need it, but try to only use on days youre not 100%

-try shake pwo with oatmeal and raisins…
one hour later eat a huge meal. try to keep fat grams in check.
if you are worried about it at school, in between meals sip on some BCAAs but not necessary.

Dont go crazy with cals on off days, stay lean

thanks, and I’m doing Sheiko 29 which is monday, wednesday, and friday. I’m not trying to get lean so I have no need to go in on a saturday or something and do cardio