Training Cycle - Advice Sought

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Hanley wrote:
I’ve touched 175kg in that shirt at 100kg believe it or not. Now at 110kg, it takes at least 200. Maybe with a bit more work and the collar around my ears i’ll touch 190-195.

But yes, it’s very tight. Tho it is super comfortable to wear. I love that shirt for it!

Wow, that’s awesome. Do you do anything special with it? Everyone at my gym has a bitch of a time with Katanas unless they’re 3 sizes too big. Ryan can’t even figure it out and he’s benched 639 single ply at 220.

That’s fair enough dude… all roads lead to Rome and all that! it’s something I’ve never even considerd, but will in all likelihood do down the road!

what sort of increase have you seen in your shirted bench over the course of say 6, 12 and 18 months doing it?

Tough to say at the moment because like I said I don’t do much full range stuff in the shirt, and I haven’t been powerlifting competitively nearly as long as you (just lots and lots of training). At my meet in August I hit 451 pretty easy after a long layoff due to injury, but that was a bench only meet and I probably could have done 460. Before that meet I hit 495 for a single on a 4 board.

This go round I hit 565 on 4 boards yesterday but probably had a 585 in me. I’m also doing my board presses with a narrower grip now, so it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

So I’m thinking I’ll be good for a 520-535 press at the next meet (2/28), but it’s a full meet this time (my first one of those) so we’ll see how it shakes out.[/quote]

A 60lb PR from August would be pretty bloody sweet. Whatever you guys do works!!

You train with Ryan C. right? You gonna go down to Vegas with him next november for the WPF worlds?? Might see ya there if you do!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
A 60lb PR from August would be pretty bloody sweet. Whatever you guys do works!!

You train with Ryan C. right? You gonna go down to Vegas with him next november for the WPF worlds?? Might see ya there if you do!
[/quote]

Well, at the August meet I was still getting used to the F6 and it was after a layoff, so there was a lot of room to improve really fast.

Yeah I trin at Ryan’s gym. I’m definitely going to watch him at worlds in Vegas. That will make for an awesome end of year vacation. We should hit up The Spearmint Rhino if you end up coming over for it. You can’t do Vegas without going to the Rhino at least once.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Hanley wrote:

Well, at the August meet I was still getting used to the F6 and it was after a layoff, so there was a lot of room to improve really fast.

Yeah I trin at Ryan’s gym. I’m definitely going to watch him at worlds in Vegas. That will make for an awesome end of year vacation. We should hit up The Spearmint Rhino if you end up coming over for it. You can’t do Vegas without going to the Rhino at least once.[/quote]

What is this Rhino you talk about??

[quote]Hanley wrote:
We should hit up The Spearmint Rhino if you end up coming over for it. You can’t do Vegas without going to the Rhino at least once.

[/quote]

…lots of “clear heels”…and I’ll leave it at that…

[quote]drdgmuro wrote:
Hanley wrote:
We should hit up The Spearmint Rhino if you end up coming over for it. You can’t do Vegas without going to the Rhino at least once.

…lots of “clear heels”…and I’ll leave it at that…[/quote]

Honestly, the less you know about it the better the surprise will be.