T Nation

Training Critique (No Gains)

^
Before

Hello, just need a little tweaking in my routine…
Any Help?

Height:5’8
Weight:235
BF 18-20% Currently Cutting Calories
Years Training:

Monday
Chest/Triceps

Flat Bench
135x25
225x12-15
225x12-15
245x10-12
275x5-8
315x3

Incline DB Press
85x10
75x12
65x15

Pec Dec
105x12
105x12
90x25

Cable Cross Over
60x15
80x10
40x25

Close Grip (EZ Curl Bar)
Two Plates x 12
Two Plates x 12
Two Plates Each Side x 8-10
Two Quaters x 25

Skull Crushers
Two Quaters x 12
Ditto
Ditto

V Bar Pushdowns
100x12
100x12
100x12

Tuesday
Back

Deadlifts
2 Sets of 135 AT 10 Reps 3 Sets 225 at 5-8 Reps

Rack Pulls 315 x 5-8 3 Sets

T-Bar Rows, 3 Plates On Bar 3x12

Lat Pull Downs
205? x 10 3 Sets

Close Grip Pull Downs
135x12 3 Sets

Wednesday
Legs

Squat
135x12 (Get Good And Warm)
135x12
225x10-12
225x10-12
315x8
315x8
135x25

Leg Extensions
Burn Out, 3 Sets

Calf Raises
3 Sets Of 12 Two Plates On Sitting Calf Machine

Thursday
Shoulders

Millitary Press
135x5
135x5
135x5

DB Millitary Press
50x12
50x12

Side Raises
25x12
25x12

Front Raises
20x15
20x15

Shrugs
225x12
225x12
225x12

Friday
Biceps/Triceps

Straight Bar Curl
105x12
105x10
105x8-10
95x12-15

DB Incline Curl
35x12
35x12
35x12

DB Preacher Curl
40x12
40x12
50x8-10

Abs/ Everyday 3 Sets Cable Crunches 25 Reps.

Get At Least 300 Grams or more of Protein, All Complex Carbs(Whole Wheat) and all Good Fats… Just not seeing the gains I want too…

I started weighing 155 benching 85 Lbs

Supplements I’m taking are, Multi Vitamin, Whey Protein, BCAAS, Fish Caps, Creatine, and currently experimenting with Epistane…(Third Day)

I know this prob sucks balls but I’m trying… and I’m here to learn, and I’ve came a pretty good way, decided to wait for the steroids.

After

I’m not the most experienced guy by any means so I won’t answer, but I think you should get more specific about what you mean by “no gains” and what the problem is so it would be easier for someone to give advice.

No gains, like, I changed my routine up in December, and I can not notice anything difference, not weight gain or loss… I’ve cut my calories… just feel like i’m doing something wrong.

Thanks for all the info. You didn’t mention how many calories you are getting. Are you counting them?

It is pretty simple really. Cut your cals again. Nothing dramatic. Try like 500 cals a day. After a week, if you are not losing weight then drop a bit more.

You can also add cardio ect.

You are focusing on your workout routine when you should be focusing on your diet.

well, what progress do you want? to drop weight? just cut your cals or increase cardio (or add, dont remember if you have any)

in reality, i think your routine fucking sucks. you do entirely too much chest/shoulder work and not enough back/lower body stuff. its about a 2:1 ratio. The real muscle builder would be the opposite, or better yet, equal.

there are plenty of programs on here. just search and you will find one better.

good luck

Great progress with that lightening cream. How many mg’s do you take?

[quote]Irish Iron wrote:
No gains, like, I changed my routine up in December, and I can not notice anything difference, not weight gain or loss… I’ve cut my calories… just feel like i’m doing something wrong.[/quote]

Are you trying to gain strength on your lifts? If so, how is that going?

Also, why are you only doing Squats & leg extensions for legs? Thats a bit lazy don’t you think?

Add in leg press, leg curls & maybe lunges too.

sigh i’d wait and edit my posts if they didn’t take 10 minutes to show up, so i’ll just post again:

You also have ZERO rear delt work. Maybe you could swap out front raises for rear delt flyes, and add in another on top of that.

You need to do them for complete shoulder development and will probably be beneficial for preventing shoulder injuries.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Great progress with that lightening cream. How many mg’s do you take?[/quote]

Not only that, but it also seems this routine has aged him considerably as well. :wink:

Seriously, did no one else even look at the before and after pics? Obvious troll job.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Great progress with that lightening cream. How many mg’s do you take?[/quote]

indeed. i would recommend your routine / diet to any small, black child who wants to be a big, white guy.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

Seriously, did no one else even look at the before and after pics? Obvious troll job.

especially since he started out as black and turned white haha, im only aware of one person whos been able to pull that off…

Haha the before and after was a joke… I try to be a funny… The routine is real…

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
Great progress with that lightening cream. How many mg’s do you take?

Not only that, but it also seems this routine has aged him considerably as well. :wink:

Seriously, did no one else even look at the before and after pics? Obvious troll job.[/quote]

I took it as a joke

I was trully offended…lol jk OP. What exaclty hurts? First off personally I don’t go over 12 reps on any chest day exercise except hi-pulley, sexy time, cross-overs. What exactly do you want to do? Looks like you pissed that one guy off.

[quote]Irish Iron wrote:
^
Before

Hello, just need a little tweaking in my routine…
Any Help?

Height:5’8
Weight:235
BF 18-20% Currently Cutting Calories
Years Training:
[/quote]

Ok, since you were actually serious…

First, what is your goal with this routine? You do know of course that by cutting calories you aren’t going to build a substantial amount of muscle. So I’m hoping that your current goal is fat loss.

With that in mind, then the most important aspects are going to be diet and cardio. Whatever type of resistance training built your muscle to begin with is what you should stick with to keep that muscle on while cutting.

That said, how are your lifts/strength progressing with this current routine. It looks like a lot of volume to me, but if you can progress with this type of volume keep at it.

Bring up those numbers on DL’s and Rack Pulls, they are very low compared to what you bench.

As long as you are going to do a full day for shoulders, drop the front raises (your anterior delts get plenty of stimulation from pressing exercises) and do some rear delt exercises.

You squat 315 for 8 and you deadlift 225 for 8?

Fix that.

I don’t like to go heavy on deads, just enough to feel it

I don’t like to go heavy on deads, just enough to feel it