Training by Fiber Type

I have tried to search, and I have found some information, but I hope maybe I can get more. I was wondering about training by fiber typer.

Specifically, how to address building size if you are Type 1 dominant? (other than just the standard protocols).

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
I have tried to search, and I have found some information, but I hope maybe I can get more. I was wondering about training by fiber typer.

Specifically, how to address building size if you are Type 1 dominant? (other than just the standard protocols).[/quote]
This article talks about fiber types a bit Tapping Your Full Growth Potential

Umm how would you know if you are type 1 dominant? And so what?

Just go to the gym and lift something with different rep ranges/schemes…don’t overthink it!

fred hatfield wrote a bunch of articles on this. i dont have the links but if you search his name or dr squat you should find some info. from memory it invole finding your one rep max on exercises the seeing how many reps you could do at 85% this determines your predominant fibre type

Just get strong in a variety of rep ranges and it will make you grow as long as your diet is good. Why worry about what types of fibres you’re recruiting if you’re lifting for size?

if you can only do 2-3 reps with 85% of 1rm then you are VERY fast twitch dominant. for this, use heavy loads, lower reps, long rest periods.

if you can do 4-6 reps then you are mixed so you should use more variety in your training.

if you can do 6+ then you are slow twitch dominant and the majority of your training should be higher rep, shorter rest periods.