Training At Night Is Great

Hey guys, your thoughts on this…I worked out for the longest time in the morning because they say that’s the best time to work out…lately I have been so lazy about getting up in the morning I have been working out after work and I have to say it’s been great.

I like that I can have my Surge shake then have a normal dinner of some carbs like rice, pasta or taters, normally I am doing the big salad, chicken, steak, or some other meat with some olive oil and I wake up starvin.
Anyone else notice this, I have suddenly gotten leaner as well.

I’m all about hitting up the gym at 9pm when everyone else has come and gone. People do always push exercising in the morning, but that just wouldn’t work with me. I’m a night owl. The mornings are murder, but I come alive at night even if I’m short on sleep.

[quote]Zell959 wrote:
I’m all about hitting up the gym at 9pm when everyone else has come and gone. People do always push exercising in the morning, but that just wouldn’t work with me. I’m a night owl. The mornings are murder, but I come alive at night even if I’m short on sleep.[/quote]

I’m exactly the same way. I roll in at around 9 PM. Depending on what day it is, there could be anywehre from 2-8 other people in the gym, once in awhile none. I have free reign to everything I need since the people that are there are pretty much all doing curls of some sort.

I hate waking up in the morning (that, and I get up at 4:30 as it is), so night training is the way to go for me.

What I have to say about night training is that I get more of a pump from my workouts, feel stronger, relieves a lot of stress from work, and a metabollic boost, which I believe helps prevent gaining fat from a big dinner :slight_smile:

On the hand, the morning is a great time to do high rep training and cardiovascular ralated exercises. I can’t lift heavy in the morning because I find myself feeling weaker from glycogen/ATP depletion caused by the hours of fasting from the sleep cycle.

Training in the morning does have a fat-burning effect because testosterone and growth hormone levels are usually higher than at night and the body has less glycogen stored, forcing it to burn fat as fuel. Hence, it is the best time to complete cardio and high rep training of any sort such as body weight exercises like push-ups, dips, chin-ups, abdominals, etc. It yields great results!

Now, on my heavy days, I go to the gym in the evening around 7-9pm and do my heavy sets of bench presses, squats, deadlifts, military press, and so on. It’s a great way to gain mass fast and increment strength much faster.

With that said, it depends on what goals you have in mind, lifestyle, type of work, personality, and training style. Personaly, I mix it up to keep my body guessing, get more complete results, and the best of both worlds. End of story.

See my gym is packed from 8am-10pm,but when it opens at 5am there isnt anyone around(cept for maybe 5 others)and i get to do what i want,when i want,how i want.If i could do that when school gets out at 2:15,then id sure as hell do it.

Yup most important thing is to find when YOU perform the best not what some study says. If you get a better w/o at night then thats the best time for you. Me tried it all and morning is best for me or early day. I have the most energy and it gets me fired for the day.

You all well its night you found out now you can take advantage of that. Go get swole up and enjoy those taters and rice with dinner.

[quote]Corona’n’Lime wrote:
What I have to say about night training is that I get more of a pump from my workouts, feel stronger, relieves a lot of stress from work, and a metabollic boost, which I believe helps prevent gaining fat from a big dinner :slight_smile:

On the hand, the morning is a great time to do high rep training and cardiovascular ralated exercises. I can’t lift heavy in the morning because I find myself feeling weaker from glycogen/ATP depletion caused by the hours of fasting from the sleep cycle.

Training in the morning does have a fat-burning effect because testosterone and growth hormone levels are usually higher than at night and the body has less glycogen stored, forcing it to burn fat as fuel. Hence, it is the best time to complete cardio and high rep training of any sort such as body weight exercises like push-ups, dips, chin-ups, abdominals, etc. It yields great results!

Now, on my heavy days, I go to the gym in the evening around 7-9pm and do my heavy sets of bench presses, squats, deadlifts, military press, and so on. It’s a great way to gain mass fast and increment strength much faster.

With that said, it depends on what goals you have in mind, lifestyle, type of work, personality, and training style. Personaly, I mix it up to keep my body guessing, get more complete results, and the best of both worlds. End of story. [/quote]

I agree, it is dependant on what you are trying to accomplish but Hot damn it’s crazy that i am actually getting leaner just by working out at night, that metabolic boost is really something.

I like nights as well. All my workouts are PM around 6, would be later but my schedule doesnt permit it. One of the few leg workouts I’ve had that made me unable to sit or walk right the next day came from a workout at night. That alone speaks volumes.

The only time that it’s better to work out early in the day than at night, is on Saturday mornings. Why? Because at my gym, I am usually the ONLY person in the entire weightroom for the AM hours. Having an entire gym to yourself(aside from the owner who’s always available for a spot) is a nice perk in a busy life.