Training Around Crazy Schedule

My work schedule is drilling me and 2 weeks out of the month it is almost impossible to get to the gym. I work 12 hrs a day 7am-7pm Monday,Tuesday,Friday,Sat,Sunday
I am gone 14 hrs of the day just for work.

But then the next week I only work 2 days and can make it to the gym no problem.

I am trying to do the mutation series but do not have the equipment at the gym I go to for all the excersizes.
If I worked out every other week 5 days of the week and 2 of the other week would I see improvements?
Or am I just wasting my time?

[quote]JemJem wrote:
My work schedule is drilling me and 2 weeks out of the month it is almost impossible to get to the gym. I work 12 hrs a day 7am-7pm Monday,Tuesday,Friday,Sat,Sunday
I am gone 14 hrs of the day just for work.

But then the next week I only work 2 days and can make it to the gym no problem.

I am trying to do the mutation series but do not have the equipment at the gym I go to for all the excersizes.
If I worked out every other week 5 days of the week and 2 of the other week would I see improvements?
Or am I just wasting my time?[/quote]

You’ll see more improvement doing it than not doing it, that is for sure.

Just make sure you stick to your nutrition plan.

well basically it will be 5 days 1 week and 2 days the next.
I am keeping with the diet plan.
Lots of protien 60% 25% Carb 20 % fat
eating every 2-3 hrs
I lost 5 lbs in about a month
220 to 215
But I dont see it.
But I am not worried about weight.
just the gut

I often have a wierd schedule and have found an upper/lower split works the best. This way if you have multiple days in a row to workout you can take advantage of it not doing the same things 2 days in a row, and when training is limited to 2 days a week everything still gets hit.

Hit it insanely hard the weeks you can to the point of over reaching then deload and just do a light w/o or two the next. The deloading week you’ll actually be healing and adapting from the INSANE ball out week the training will mainly be recovery work dont hit it hard but hit the weights and then come back again the next week and go insane again.

Thats my take,
Phill