T Nation

Training Age

Hey hows it going, Quick question… I’m going to start fallowing IAN kings BRing the pain uper body workout… I have been training for a year and a half with basically all of ian kings workouts… i’m 18… what would you say my training age is… Begginner still, interediate, or advanced?

what do you think it is? if you think master then you are a begginer, if you think intermediate then you are a beginer, if you think beginner then you are on the right track to reach master.

I would say you are in the “beginner” stage. I’ve been training 19-years - and feel I am in the intermediate/advanced stage. I would say only a few of the forum regulars are advanced and that the T-Mag contributors (Ian King, Coach Davies, Staley, et al) are definitely Advanced to Superior in knowledge!

I depends on many things. Your diet, recovery, training frequency, and training vocabulary. Personally, I went with the intermediate and wished that I would have opted toward the higher end (that is on the last couple stages). BTW my training vocabulary it huge, I usually adapt to a workout in one workout (I’m not bullshiting either, after the the second week of the program, I went back to my log to see if I was doing the right program, it felt sooo much easier than, the first week. But in summary, I would opt for the lesser first and see how your body responds.

Freebie, you’re one wise dood…

Yep, that was a good one, Freeb…

One other thing I’d like to say here is, as you continue to pursue your bodybuilding goals and live the lifestyle, don’t confuse the number of years trained with number of years’ experience. Doing the same one-year (or, as most people do, one-month) routine for 20 years still leaves you as a beginner…