Training After a Deload?

I think I might have asked bad questions in other threads so hope this one is meaningful (and would love your advice here).

Due to travelling I haven’t trained with weights for ~2 weeks. During this time I did some high volume/TUT gymnastic ring stuff at a park etc. Just started at a gym this week.

I thought this would be a great opportunity to progress since I’ve complained about feeling numb/training too much/stimulus addict last year.

So what do you recommend I do to maximize this? 2 weeks off from weights enough to “sensitize” physique/strength gains to heavyweights?

My strength as dropped a bit but not that much, although I have to relearn the major lifts a bit (they feel harder).

I’m thinking a layerish/advanced cluster style on the main lifts with supplemental ring/bodyweight work.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
I think I might have asked bad questions in other threads so hope this one is meaningful (and would love your advice here).

Due to travelling I haven’t trained with weights for ~2 weeks. During this time I did some high volume/TUT gymnastic ring stuff at a park etc. Just started at a gym this week.

I thought this would be a great opportunity to progress since I’ve complained about feeling numb/training too much/stimulus addict last year.

So what do you recommend I do to maximize this? 2 weeks off from weights enough to “sensitize” physique/strength gains to heavyweights?

My strength as dropped a bit but not that much, although I have to relearn the major lifts a bit (they feel harder).

I’m thinking a layerish/advanced cluster style on the main lifts with supplemental ring/bodyweight work.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks. [/quote]

Yeah it likely is enough to resensitize you, unless you went overboard with the bodyweight stuff which could nullify the “effort” by putting you in a fatigued state.

I wouldn’t expect any strength loss in 2 weeks, especially if you stayed physically active during those 2 weeks. As you mentioned the lifts feel harder simply because you lost the feeling of heavy weights.

Layer would be good. I’m working on some new techniques but in the mean time layers are a good choice.

Regarding ring work. There is this one guy at the gym who is amazing on rings and bodyweight… seriously he does AMAZING stuff like holding a front lever then backrolling straight into a handstand and stuff like that. And he isn’t a gymnast, just a guy who took up rings and bodyweight work 2 years ago. I’ve watched him train and he never does strength work and ring/bodyweight work on the same days, ever. We train at the same time and by approximation on some weeks he does 3 strength session and 2 ring/bodyweight sessions and on some other weeks he does the opposite. His strength work is 1 lift per day trained heavy.

I’m seen him put a lot of effort into squatting and weighted dips, some work on the bench press as well as technical work on the snatch.

Amazing, this is the guy who wears a weighted vest on rings also? He looks fit but not huge physique?

Being a performance lover hope you got entertainment from his training haha.

Thanks for layer idea, last question - how to incorporate advanced clusters in layers? Use after 1-3rm ramp and replace he standard clusters/hdl? Do one accessory movement afterward?

Thanks!!