T Nation

Training Advice With T-Dawg 2.0

So I have been working out for a while but I thought it was time to really follow a training and diet plan. My goal is to lose about 15 pounds so I am thinking about doing the t-dawg 2.0 diet, is it any good?

As for training I was looking into EDT but I can’t decide on whether I should do 3 full body type workouts a week or 2 upper and 2 lower workouts a week? would one be better then the other when losing fat? I would also be doing some cardio.

Any help would be appreciated, I owuld like to start as soon as possible.

I personally enjoy the T-dawg diet. I’ve been using it to lose quite a bit of fat and it works well. Also, it doesn’t leave you with low energy levels like other diets, so getting to the gym isn’t a problem. (Of course, someone else might be able to suggest an alternative).

I’m still kind of a newbie…but I would think full body workouts would be better for fat loss. I used to always split my upper/lower and then I switched to full body and I got much better results.

Right now I’ve paired the T-Dawg with Coach Davies’ programs “Fat to fire” and “Fat to Fire II”. I LOVE it. I’ve been getting amazing results and its very challenging (read: fun! lol.) In the first two weeks I lost 8 lbs and 4 inches (mind you I have a high BF%). I’ve gained strength and my conditioning/work capacity has gone through the roof. The short breaks/high volume keep your heart rate up.

I haven’t tried EDT yet so I dont have any insight on that…

bump

[quote]Jade1 wrote:
I personally enjoy the T-dawg diet. I’ve been using it to lose quite a bit of fat and it works well. Also, it doesn’t leave you with low energy levels like other diets, so getting to the gym isn’t a problem. (Of course, someone else might be able to suggest an alternative).

I’m still kind of a newbie…but I would think full body workouts would be better for fat loss. I used to always split my upper/lower and then I switched to full body and I got much better results.

Right now I’ve paired the T-Dawg with Coach Davies’ programs “Fat to fire” and “Fat to Fire II”. I LOVE it. I’ve been getting amazing results and its very challenging (read: fun! lol.) In the first two weeks I lost 8 lbs and 4 inches (mind you I have a high BF%). I’ve gained strength and my conditioning/work capacity has gone through the roof. The short breaks/high volume keep your heart rate up.

I haven’t tried EDT yet so I dont have any insight on that…[/quote]

thanks for the input…anyone else

Man any solid lifting/exercise plan is going to do the job along side a solid diet like T-Dawg 2.

Pick one that fits your goals, but above all you like and will be consistant with and bring intensity too.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Man any solid lifting/exercise plan is going to do the job along side a solid diet like T-Dawg 2.[/quote]

Exactly. I’m currently doing t-dawg 2.0 and EDT for fat loss. My bf and I think it’s a great combination- very challenging, but do-able. It’s the first time we’ve tried EDT, so we’re doing the program exactly as Staley wrote it. I say try it if you’re interested!