T Nation

Training Advice From a Fat Guy?

I’m not talking about fat guy with big forearms, I’m talking about chilli dog eating, mustard stain on the wife beater fat guy?

Yeah! I mean, he MUST know what he’s talking about right?

Is he training you to get fat by eating chili dogs in a wife beater T-shirt???

He just tries to be a know it all about health and fitness, it drives me crazy! I’m not exactly an Olympic athlete but damn! I often wanna ask “how’s that working out for ya” when he pulls some BS out about his great diet.

[quote]dday wrote:
He just tries to be a know it all about health and fitness, it drives me crazy! I’m not exactly an Olympic athlete but damn! I often wanna ask “how’s that working out for ya” when he pulls some BS out about his great diet.[/quote]

Make sure you poke him in the belly as you say that!

Or when he starts talking about how much he could lift in high school. Dude, no one cares.

Sounds like you a have some stories to share about this guy. Please do.

Tell him you think he’s a dumb slob.

But to his face. Instead of coming on here and complaining like a little girl.

Yeah, theres one of those Fat Know it alls at the gym I train at…comes in with his kids and ‘trains them’ while he eats chips or whatever the treat of the day is…I feel sorry for the kids

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Tell him you think he’s a dumb slob.

But to his face. Instead of coming on here and complaining like a little girl.[/quote]

How harsh.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
Yeah, theres one of those Fat Know it alls at the gym I train at…comes in with his kids and ‘trains them’ while he eats chips or whatever the treat of the day is…I feel sorry for the kids[/quote]

At the same time a poor diet has nothing to do with knowing the basics and importance of how to bench press, squat etc… I know what you mean though; if the fool is anything like the people I have at my gym he arm curls 5 days a week and 6 months later his arms aren’t any bigger… somehow.

How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

Shrug it off, who cares?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

[/quote]

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Tell him you think he’s a dumb slob.

But to his face. Instead of coming on here and complaining like a little girl.[/quote]

I’m kind of bitch.
However if I did say something it would cause problems at work so I have to keep my mouth shut. I needed to vent, you ok with that?

[quote]Sxio wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

[/quote]

Nope. Someone who squats 315 probably doesn’t know much about strength training.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Sxio wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

Nope. Someone who squats 315 probably doesn’t know much about strength training.[/quote]

Riiight, even if SHE weighs 110lbs???

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Sxio wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

Nope. Someone who squats 315 probably doesn’t know much about strength training.

Riiight, even if SHE weighs 110lbs???
[/quote]

Yup. She won’t know how to teach me to squat 600. She won’t have any idea what 600 feels like.

Look, if you guys wanna go get trained by skinny kids and women, go ahead. I’ll be busy getting stronger and talking to the people that are actually strong. Have fun with the girls.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

[/quote]

I wouldn’t listen to a 315 pound squatter for training advice. Of course I was squatting more than that at 18 and 132 pounds.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Kruiser wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Sxio wrote:
malonetd wrote:
How is this any different than people on here claiming we should take the advice of “trainers” that weigh 160 and squat 315 just because they might know a lot?

Kinda like this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1920201

So someone who squats almost twice their own bodyweight doesn’t know anything about training?

Nope. Someone who squats 315 probably doesn’t know much about strength training.

Riiight, even if SHE weighs 110lbs???

Yup. She won’t know how to teach me to squat 600. She won’t have any idea what 600 feels like.

Look, if you guys wanna go get trained by skinny kids and women, go ahead. I’ll be busy getting stronger and talking to the people that are actually strong. Have fun with the girls.[/quote]

True, I don’t ask people weaker than me for training advice. I give it to them. I ask Guys like Jim Wendler, Dave Tate , Louie, and so on. For two reasons, normally I’m smarter and stronger than those people and as Malone said, they don’t know what it feels like to lift 600 pounds.

I squat in the low 600s. I ask guys that squat over a 100 for advice.