Training a Muscle 3 Times a Week

Hello,

I am brand new to these forums. I just bought both of Christian’s books. the best plan for natural lifters. i have a question. the plan has you training each muscle 3 times a week which gives the muscle and joints 48 hours of rest. But i have heard to a muscle may take 48 hours of rest but the joints take even longer to recover. I have heard as long as 72 to recover. What do you all think of this issue. Would training a muscle twice a week be better for a natural bodybuilder.

Thanks

I would trust the words of @Christian_Thibaudeau. His book and plan is explicitly for natural lifters, as stated in the title. You’ll be fine with only 48 hours man.

1 Like

Don’t buy a professional coach’s books and then question their judgement.

Follow the program.

3 Likes

Frequency is not something you look at in isolation.

This type of training is designed using A MINIMAL training volume, which allows for a greater frequency without issues.

If you use a more traditional hypertrophy with a higher volume per session, yeah, twice a week might be better.

But even then… look at how guys trained in the 1930s-1950s before steroids where being used: the most popular approach was whole-body training 3 days a week. So everything was hit 3 days a week and these guys got strong and big naturally.

2 Likes

Thankyou for the input guys