Training 7 Years with Minimal Results

You should definitely start a training journal on here man! Great place to track your progress and have like minded people to encourage you and bounce ideas off

2 Likes

This program also looks pretty good (and Jeff is a smart guy)

Dude, you could already be on day 3 of the program I suggested and you’re still pondering programs?

5 Likes

He’s probably thinking there’s one out of all of them that will give him the best results.

Here are things you know: after 7 years of training and dieting in a manner that you thought was a good approach, you got minimal results.

It stands to reason that, if something seems like a BAD approach to you: it’s probably the approach you need to follow.

3 Likes

The program you suggested is very similar to Jeff Nippard’s hypertrophy program (body part split), almost exactly the same actually, but Jeff’s has a proper progression scheme built into with 8 week cycles, I’ll be starting this one tomorrow. Let’s see where I am at the end of 8 weeks. Thanks for your help.

I swear the more people read about training, the less able they are to start training, until they reach some arbitrary “critical mass” (of knowledge) where they realise almost everything they’ve ever learnt about lifting is meaningless compared to consistency, effort and overload

5 Likes

Nah I’m sure supercardrives could benefit from research

Im agreeing here. Starting a new simple program tomorrow so lets see where this goes, will keep a log of it as well. Hopefully gains are made, I will also keep a close eye on the diet and put it into MFP.

3 Likes

Just a friendly advice. When you have decided on a long term tolerable plan for training and diet - make sure you do other valuable things in life, also. You keep repeating hypertrophy as a mantra. I also did that for many years without realizing what I needed (less volume, moderate frequency, higher intensity).

Most processes in our bodies require 6-12 weeks for effect, repair, healing or adaptation. Considering you may be a slow-responder you should stick with and rest assured in one choice of strategy, for that period of time. If any of your high volume/frequency approaches doesn’t work out - try low volume HIT.

1 Like

Y’all sure did spend a lot of time and effort trying to teach an egg not to be an egg. Glad I missed this one.

I do love that people who are absolutely garbage in the world of training/dieting think they have ANY useful information already in their head. OP, everytime you responded to advice saying ‘yes but that doesn’t sound right, maybe X is optimal instead’ you came across as a fucking moron. Just so you know.

3 Likes

One of the hardest things I’ve experienced is trying to convince someone that they are currently located at the peak of “mount stupid”.

I see my former self as a resident there, but probably still there lol.

5 Likes

I’m convinced that one of the main purposes for university is to teach you that you don’t know shit. I’m not quite sure what the equivalent would be in the lifting world.

3 Likes

For me it was my first 3 strongman competitons

3 Likes

This makes me think of what Arthur Jones said to Ellington Darden when they first met: "If you can unlearn everything you’ve learned,” he said, “and do so before you reach age 40, then you’ll be smart indeed.” :sweat_smile:

This is a great choice. Now go do it!

7 Likes

He started a training journal!

3 Likes

Here is the journal if anyone wants to follow along

Really hope this time I get some decent results. Looking to recomp a bit rn

5 Likes

Realising that people less “smart” than you are getting better results

1 Like