Training 7 Days a Week

Does anyone train everyday…? because i do…if not a full on workout on the 7th its a light workout…

Guess some would say this is dumb, but im just curious does anyone else do this?

nope

Nope. Why do you workout so much? Wouldn’t it make sense to have rest days?

Arnold worked out 7 days a week for 3-4 hours per day.

You taking Vitamin S, OP?

I can barely walk for 2 days after a squat day so…no.

no chance . . .

need the time to recover

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
I can barely walk for 2 days after a squat day so…no.[/quote]

Haha I feel you brother. I did Back at night, which included some heavy DL, at about 11pm. Next day at 4pm I did heavy squats. Next day (today)… let’s just say I’m on T-Nation all day NOT by choice, haha

To OP… nope.

5 days should be the most anyone lifts

[quote]kayveeay wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

Haha I feel you brother. I did Back at night, which included some heavy DL, at about 11pm. Next day at 4pm I did heavy squats. Next day (today)… let’s just say I’m on T-Nation all day NOT by choice, haha

To OP… nope.[/quote]

It’s a good hurt though, I can’t help but smile when my legs are screaming in DOMS induced agony. (Maybe I’m just a masochist?)

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
kayveeay wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

To OP… nope.

It’s a good hurt though, I can’t help but smile when my legs are screaming in DOMs induced agony. (Maybe I’m just a masochist?)[/quote]

Oh it’s a great hurt alright. I just am running out of clever excuses why my ass and legs hurt and I can barely walk.

I’m thinking of coming out to my family and friends…

as an amateur bodybuilder… haha

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
5 days should be the most anyone lifts[/quote]

lol why? give me a reason? 7 days might be a little excessive but if YOU find you are recovering fast enough, then do it. FYI I train 4-6 times a week.

[quote]xivb4m wrote:
Does anyone train everyday…? because i do…if not a full on workout on the 7th its a light workout…

Guess some would say this is dumb, but im just curious does anyone else do this?[/quote]

dumb.

the photo tells you why not to train that much.

I usually do for most weeks

everything that works for most people when it comes to training progress does not seem to work for me

i’m sore in a muscle group → i take a day off to get better performance → the next day my workout is WORSE than if i had done it when partially sore

it depends on how easily you fall off the wagon when it comes to keeping your training and diet strict, for me my discipline can fall apart easily if i don’t train every day

now of course this means you better keep your diet pretty much the same stuff day in day out and never lose any sleep

and some people actually like feeling sore all the time :slight_smile:

There is no clear cut answer to what is “right” and “wrong”.

You have to take into account volume and intensity of each workout as well as individual factors like recovery abilities and stress levels. There’s a difference if you’re doing full body workouts with predominantly compound movements seven days a week or if you have an “arm day” on a bodypart split, incorporate “light days” like someone mentioned above, etc.

That being said, I don’t think training seven days a week will be optimal for most people.

I did, for 8 weeks, big mistake. I fell sick, felt depressed most of the time and lost over 15 lbs.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:

You have to take into account volume and intensity of each workout as well as individual factors like recovery abilities and stress levels. There’s a difference if you’re doing full body workouts with predominantly compound movements seven days a week or if you have an “arm day” on a bodypart split, incorporate “light days” like someone mentioned above, etc.

That being said, I don’t think training seven days a week will be optimal for most people.[/quote]

Agree.

You know, if I had absolutely NOTHING to do but focus on this I would train 6-7 times a week, maybe more. BUT I would do it in 2-3 week cycles, where I would return to 3/4 day splits during the opposing weeks.

This is in a world where you could sleep 8-10 hours, eat whatever & whenever you want, and train whenever you like.

[quote]rsg wrote:
michael2507 wrote:

That being said, I don’t think training seven days a week will be optimal for most people.

Agree.

You know, if I had absolutely NOTHING to do but focus on this I would train 6-7 times a week, maybe more. BUT I would do it in 2-3 week cycles, where I would return to 3/4 day splits during the opposing weeks.

This is in a world where you could sleep 8-10 hours, eat whatever & whenever you want, and train whenever you like.[/quote]

That’s pretty much what I have been dreaming about for some time. Not only could I train more often, I’d have more energy due to the fact that I wouldn’t feel mentally drained form work as I happen to do now pretty frequently. It isn’t possible for me at the moment and won’t be in the near future, though.

I’d definitely train twice on some days, a few hours and a nap apart. The possibilities would be endless…

snaps back to reality

If it works for YOU, do it. It sounds like your prospering from it. I see a guy in the gym that benches daily. I wouldn’t personally do that but his bench is close to 400. It’s working for him.

The bottom line here is do what works for YOU. If you stop getting gains, immunity goes down, etc. Then that means it’s time to back off.

There’s not ONE way to the top. If there was we’d all be there.

OP…watch this, it will serve you well in regards to your question

It got me the most of my beginner gains when I trained 7 days a week.

I did 4x10 for each bodypart 7 days a week using machines and gained 30lbs in 4 months lol