T Nation

Training 6x a Week

I’ve been reading Christian Thibaudeau’s material and somewhat formulated a ‘program’ for myself. I’m curious to see others thoughts, its quite simple but im a bit worried because of my ‘newbness’ it may be idiotic.

DAY 1 - pulling (either Deadlifting/Bent Over Barbell Row/Pull ups)
DAY 2 - legs (Back Squat or Lunges)
DAY 3 - pushing (Floor Press or Push Ups)
DAY 4 - Rest

Repeat

Each exercise ramping with 3 reps up to max weight

Rest 120 seconds

I was also thinking of putting in a core day or adding it in or even adding it when I was too sore

I have tried ramping to about 85% and then dropping weight and doing 5x5 but im exhausted/sore by the 4th day that I have to take two days break

I take
50g Dextrose -10mins Prior
50g Dextrose + 44g protein - Peri
44g - 15 minutes Post

Im 70kg and 165 kg obviously looking to gain mass

Lifts are all around the 100kg max mark for 1 rep

Been training for 5 months and I just have a Olympic Barbell and a load of plates (no bench or squat racks etc)

Cheers

ps Olympic Lifts ? Other Exercise suggestions?

I would put squats further away from deadlifting.

I would use only one exercise per bodypart on a 3 way!

Use a 2 exercise rotation for each.

Then train pretty much everyday and make progress.

If this starts to stall make a 3 exercise rotation for each bodypart.

Are you sure this is the right program for you? Judging from the fact that you cannot recover in time, your work capacity is probably too low for something like this. Plus, if you are looking to gain weight, working in the 3-5 rep range all the time might not be optimal for you.

If your doing 1 exercise per workout I suggest this:

DAY 1 - pulling (Deadlifting)
DAY 2 - legs (Lunges)
DAY 3 - pushing (Floor Press)
DAY 4 - Rest
DAY 5 - pulling (Pull ups)
DAY 6 - legs (Back Squat)
DAY 7 - pushing (Push Ups)
DAY 8 - Rest
DAY 9 - Back to Day 1

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

DAY 2 - legs (Lunges)
DAY 4 - Rest
DAY 8 - Rest
DAY 9 - Back to Day 1[/quote]

Looks good, any reason you’ve got the pulling exercises as first in the rotation? I tend to try and keep heavy back work for last as it affects all my other lifts so much - a session with a decent volume of heavy deadlifts followed by a leg day and a push day would probably cripple me :slight_smile:

edit - just realised that’s the set up OP suggested, still reckon legs push pull or push legs pull would be slightly better

cheers for the advice guys

now that my trainings pretty much sorted
my nutrition is not. i simply do not get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I dont eat enough/cant seem to get 165g of protein each day.

each day without fail I have a 44g protein shake + 4 fried with olive oil eggs + bowl of nutri grain. which is a measly 70g of protein. i need to get rougly 165g. what do you guys eat that is easy to prepare for an 18year old thats high in protein, cheap and easy to get down. i try to eat protein with every meal, but im struggling to get to 166g every day. Its a huge amount.

canned tuna… actually any canned meat like chicken, salmon. But tuna seems to be the only tasty one
check out the mark down section of the meat department sometimes you’ll find 5lbs of 7% ground beef at 1.80/lb with a 2-3 dollar coupon off because its close to pull date, sounds a little gross but the meat is still good. i find that mondays and fridays are the best days to find those thats when the meat department manager comes in and leaves for the week.

milk but that depends on where you live, im in tucson and its usually 2.19 gal at the most

not a big fan of the taste but cottage cheese is a good option

beans are another option

whenever i find the discounted ground beef ill make a huge chili, doesnt cost much to make.

to add to what i wrote, think about some things that are 6-10grams in protein and combine those. For instance 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with pb & j has to be around 10-12 grams of protein.

make a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread with some cheese

my fav, but its pretty high in fat… bacon and cheese quesadilla

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

DAY 2 - legs (Lunges)
DAY 4 - Rest
DAY 8 - Rest

ACTrain,

I’m curious what type of workout routine you have chosen to do since the release of Anaconda with your insider experience

hey guys after my heavy squatting session yesterday ive re hurt my plantar fascitis tendon in my right foot. after reading the Netherandal No More articles (i need to re-read them heaps to fully understand what mike was saying) i took some photos and was shocked at how shit my posture is. i saw a podiatrist and got fitted with orthodics a while ago. i cant do one full situp with no one holding my feet down

symptoms = under foot tightness/pain, upper back tightness, my quads are occasionally really tight which no amount of stretching seems to fix

my knees seem to be ‘naturally’ inwards and it looks like i may have lordosis in the spine. i can reach my feet in a hamstring stetch.

http://picpaste.com/pics/front_2.1260580568.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/back_3.1260580783.jpg
http://picpaste.com/side1.jpg

anyway id greatly appreciate any assistance on this matter
do i go to a physio for help with this kind of thing?

Not to mention right kneee pain!!!
it is surely all related to my posture

[quote]theSapling wrote:

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

DAY 2 - legs (Lunges)
DAY 4 - Rest
DAY 8 - Rest

ACTrain,

I’m curious what type of workout routine you have chosen to do since the release of Anaconda with your insider experience
[/quote]

Bodypart specialization utilizing the principals I learned regarding ramping, the perfect rep, and auto regulation. I also utilize twitch reps and plyometrics to improve on my specific weakness which is explosiveness.

My Work Capacity isnt up to training 6x a week. I think im going to scale down to 5x a week. Somehow I need to put in some core work at least 2x a week. I’ll work something out and post it here.

I don’t think your “work capacity” is the problem, your diet sounds terrible.

Have you fixed that yet?

Also, are you actually just doing 1 exercise a day, or did I misunderstand? If so that sounds like an awful way to train.

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

[quote]theSapling wrote:

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

DAY 2 - legs (Lunges) P
DAY 4 - Rest
DAY 8 - Rest

that’s great to know! You are in a mass phase so what is your split/ rep scheme right now? I ask because my stats mirror yours and with your posted successes I want to make sure I take out all guess work for when my anaconda protocol arrives.
Thanks cuz!

ACTrain,

[/quote]

Bodypart specialization utilizing the principals I learned regarding ramping, the perfect rep, and auto regulation. I also utilize twitch reps and plyometrics to improve on my specific weakness which is explosiveness.[/quote]

This is really stupid. Delts? hamstrings? biceps, triceps, abs, calves, etc…

DAY 1 - Pulling (Deadlifting)
DAY 2 - Rest
DAY 3 - Legs (Lunges) + Calf raises
DAY 4 - Pushing (Floor Press) + Ab wheel/Core (Plank stuff)
DAY 5 - Rest
DAY 6 - Pulling (Pull ups)
DAY 7 - Legs (Back Squat) + Calf raises
DAY 8 - Rest
DAY 9 - Pushing (Push Ups) + Ab wheel/Core (Plank stuff)
DAY 10 - Rest

why is this an idiotic way of training?

ive got my protein up to 1g per pound of bodyweight now. the quality of food i was eating wasnt the issue, just the quantity.