Training 6-7 Days/Wk?

Im pretty sure that im not from Shithole.

[quote]graforlock wrote:
Im pretty sure that im not from Shithole.[/quote]

After this post (even more so than after the previous ones) I am convinced that not only are you, in fact, from shithole, but you are not 23. You sound more like 13.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
i lol’ed at the “ultimate goal of 180lbs”[/quote]

kinda loled myself after you pointed it out ha. yeah bad wording i guess. not like its my end all be all, if i can get more and still be under 10% bf, then of course ill take it.

[quote]graforlock wrote:
“Not talk, junior.”

Did i say about ignoring body parts completely or you have problems with reading comprehension, trash talker? it was about extremes when some guy trains only small piecies of body in that matter, because anybody need strong bases either. note that i didnt quote your post. [/quote]

Actually you didn’t say anything about accessory work. However, the problem that I would have with what you stated is that if you are doing heavy compound movements and including the volume to induce hypertrophy I feel that you could be overtraining your smaller muscle groups.

Thats why smaller muscle groups would need less direct work. 50-60 reps for compounds, 20-30 reps for small muscle groups if they overlap.

[quote]graforlock wrote:
Thats why smaller muscle groups would need less direct work. 50-60 reps for compounds, 20-30 reps for small muscle groups if they overlap.[/quote]

I’m courious about what you’re doing.

Send me a PM with your routine.

[quote]graforlock wrote:
Thats why smaller muscle groups would need less direct work. 50-60 reps for compounds, 20-30 reps for small muscle groups if they overlap.[/quote]

thanks for your input. i have used full nody with great success when cutting and beginning. however, once i got to 375 lb squats for 3x5 3x/ week and 5x5 for the same, recovery wasnt possible within the next training session. ive utilized the crap out of starting strength and texas method. 531 was good when i switched to it, but i got exhausted lifting so heavy so often, even with the deload week. that said i wanted to switch my priorities to physique training for a while. im totally not opposed to a 4 day upper lower split, but ive also seen plenty of people achieve great physiques naturally using a 5 day split too. im sure somewhere between 5-7 days per week will ultimately b where my best physique gains are. could be wrong though!

I’m noticing this more and more lately…

Don’t post or give advice if you don’t have any pics up.

People who want to argue the most have either no results to speak of or if they think they do are too ashamed to share them. Its hilarious.

It’s a bodybuilding forum.

To answer OP’s question:

Its hard to explain but I “felt” the best/most anabolic when I was training 6 days a week.
It was like everything I ate was being churned up as fuel for muscle growth, and the rest day let me get ready for the next week of training mentally.

I’m doing 3-4 days a week now and its not the same, at all.

It’s not about how many days you workout, but simply about progress. You can progress just as well on a bodypart split 3x a week than being on a 5-6 day a week plan. Reason being it’s all about volume. I train 3x a week currently, using tim henriques 8-week basic strength routine ( 8-Week Basic Strength Plan ) and i’m in there atleast close to 2 hours during that whole session, taking frequent rest breaks and working out 2-3 muscle groups. I’ve made crazy progress as far as strength goes while still maintaining muscle mass, The plan i’m using utilizes periodization, which is far more important than debating whether or not 3 days or 5 days is better for training. Also I agree that full body splits are shit for the reasons X described. Just my 2 cents.

[quote]WWEAttitude wrote:
It’s not about how many days you workout, but simply about progress. You can progress just as well on a bodypart split 3x a week than being on a 5-6 day a week plan. Reason being it’s all about volume. I train 3x a week currently, using tim henriques 8-week basic strength routine (8-Week Basic Strength Plan ) and i’m in there atleast close to 2 hours during that whole session, taking frequent rest breaks and working out 2-3 muscle groups. I’ve made crazy progress as far as strength goes while still maintaining muscle mass, The plan i’m using utilizes periodization, which is far more important than debating whether or not 3 days or 5 days is better for training. Also I agree that full body splits are shit for the reasons X described. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

The greatest benefit I see to training very often is the creation of this as being a regular part of your day…everyday. Very little actually throws me out of the gym aside from funerals and deployments when I was in the military.

The reason for that is training has become as much a part of my day as eating.

This has been INVALUABLE when it comes to who sticks with this over the course of ten years and who doesn’t.

It isn’t just about “what works right now”, but also what works with your life as a whole so you can keep doing it.

I lol’d at someone with your physique laughing at someone that actually looks like he lifts weights. You don’t.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
thanks for your input. i have used full nody with great success when cutting and beginning. however, once i got to 375 lb squats for 3x5 3x/ week and 5x5 for the same, recovery wasnt possible within the next training session. ive utilized the crap out of starting strength and texas method.[/quote]

The rep range recommendation i gave was Lyle McDonald’s advice on heavy and productive volume. Its the upper limit.

I did Starting Strength, Bill Starr’s 5x5 and later on I moved on Texas Method but after almost a year of fives i was extremely tired, these programs are sooo fckn boring, even with accessory exercises. 5/3/1 might be a better choice after all. I feel kind of relieved now.

You always have to struggle to improve your body, progression is the key to success, i think that microloadings from such routines as presented above lead to great improvements in body physiques.

By the way you’ve managed look great and lean so far, that counts most. Keep it up.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

I lol’d at someone with your physique laughing at someone that actually looks like he lifts weights. You don’t.[/quote]

So true, I’ve seen some fking impressive 180lb physiques…on the other hand I’ve seen some fking terrible 220lb bodies…

6-7 times a week? That is the way to fucking do it

I train every day, but not with weights. Prefer 3 days a week in the gym(FB) and 4 days a week of cardio. I did a 5 day bb split for ages, but fullbody training and more cardio has actually been more beneficial to body comp for me.

[quote]whatever2k wrote:
I train every day, but not with weights. Prefer 3 days a week in the gym(FB) and 4 days a week of cardio. I did a 5 day bb split for ages, but fullbody training and more cardio has actually been more beneficial to body comp for me.[/quote]

Pics?

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WWEAttitude wrote:
It’s not about how many days you workout, but simply about progress. You can progress just as well on a bodypart split 3x a week than being on a 5-6 day a week plan. Reason being it’s all about volume. I train 3x a week currently, using tim henriques 8-week basic strength routine (8-Week Basic Strength Plan ) and i’m in there atleast close to 2 hours during that whole session, taking frequent rest breaks and working out 2-3 muscle groups. I’ve made crazy progress as far as strength goes while still maintaining muscle mass, The plan i’m using utilizes periodization, which is far more important than debating whether or not 3 days or 5 days is better for training. Also I agree that full body splits are shit for the reasons X described. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

The greatest benefit I see to training very often is the creation of this as being a regular part of your day…everyday. Very little actually throws me out of the gym aside from funerals and deployments when I was in the military.

The reason for that is training has become as much a part of my day as eating.

This has been INVALUABLE when it comes to who sticks with this over the course of ten years and who doesn’t.

It isn’t just about “what works right now”, but also what works with your life as a whole so you can keep doing it.[/quote]

VERY good point. When I’m in the gym only 3-4 days a week, life gets in the way MORE. I might say “I’ve got to mow the yard, I’ll just train tomorrow since I’m just training 4 x week.” Then that turns into pushing training days late in the week, and getting off course. Whereas if I’m training 6 days a week, I can’t put it off because I would fuck up the entire week if I miss. So you find a way to train AND mow the yard. It is about commitment.
[/quote]

Seeing who makes the most progress over the long term, it doesn’t seem to be the people who only train 3 days a week…unless they previously put way more focus into it.

Like you said, life gets in the way a lot more when you have that many days off.

As it stands, I may not take a day off for two weeks…which allows me to simply take the day off when something truly unexpected happens or if I truly get fatigued.

That laves very little room for taking the day off because your kid has band practice and you didn’t manage your time enough to drop them off AND lift.

and you didn’t manage your time enough to drop them off AND lift.[/quote]

Time management really is the key to doing this once you aren’t in school anymore. (Well actually, doing anything.)

No one wants to plan their fucking life. That shit is boring, and you rarely have the same fun when something was planned as when it was spontaneous. But you have to. YOU HAVE TO PLAN YOUR LIFE. trust me. Most people who make 200K+ a year work more than the 2080 hours your local warehouse jockey does, you have to plan your life to get everything done.

People bitch and moan about “life and their responsibility” constantly when commented on around here. Work 70+ hours a week for 15 weeks, and still make it to the gym the 3 days a week you are awake and not at work, and then talk shit about “life” getting in the way.

If you have an infant, of course things are different and you have to sort your shit out, but a couple weeks of sporadic training is different than 3-20 years of fucking around, being delusional that you actually look like you lift, and then hanging your hat on your life and work demands when it is obvious you are resentful of the wasted time, and pissed off when people mention it.

I can’t stress enough to you guys in college to enjoy your time now and make as much progress as possible. Because a career, house, wife, and kids change everything, quickly.

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:
I’m noticing this more and more lately…

Don’t post or give advice if you don’t have any pics up.
[/quote]

Agreed 100%

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

and you didn’t manage your time enough to drop them off AND lift.[/quote]

Time management really is the key to doing this once you aren’t in school anymore. (Well actually, doing anything.)

No one wants to plan their fucking life. That shit is boring, and you rarely have the same fun when something was planned as when it was spontaneous. But you have to. YOU HAVE TO PLAN YOUR LIFE. trust me. Most people who make 200K+ a year work more than the 2080 hours your local warehouse jockey does, you have to plan your life to get everything done.

People bitch and moan about “life and their responsibility” constantly when commented on around here. Work 70+ hours a week for 15 weeks, and still make it to the gym the 3 days a week you are awake and not at work, and then talk shit about “life” getting in the way.

If you have an infant, of course things are different and you have to sort your shit out, but a couple weeks of sporadic training is different than 3-20 years of fucking around, being delusional that you actually look like you lift, and then hanging your hat on your life and work demands when it is obvious you are resentful of the wasted time, and pissed off when people mention it.

I can’t stress enough to you guys in college to enjoy your time now and make as much progress as possible. Because a career, house, wife, and kids change everything, quickly. [/quote]

The biggest excuse just thrown in the Indigo thread was that some of those people are over the age of 50.

There seem to be quite a lot of people here trying to be the voice of the mediocre.

I mean, seriously, unless your goal is to look just like every other sedentary person out there, you can not live your life like those same average people yet expect above average results.

Ronnie Coleman just wrote in MD that no one gets to looking like a bodybuilder only training 3 days week no matter what they are doing.

From what I see here, he ain’t far off.