Training 2 Days/Week + Bulk

I’m losing motivation and not enjoying training as much anymore at the gym. I had a talk with a guy I know that trains and we came up with a plan to train with each other. Training Partner will help and push both of us to the max.

The only thing is with other commitments I have in life at the moment means I can only make it to the gym 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), Trying to decide which days would work best for us to train together, Came up with Monday and Wednesday doing a split program and I guess ill just do Cardio on Tuesday…

Monday: Back, Bi’s, Shoulders and AB’s
Wednesday: Chest, Tri’s, Legs and Ab’s

I have a few slight worries though, I reckon I could do it but do you think We would be working to many muscle groups and too many exercises on the one training day? Will I process as fast as doing a split program over 4 days for example? I wont bulk as fast?

Just looking for advice? Dont Bite :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks,

you know…some people work out their whole body’s ever training session.

I think there is an article on this very site, that has a two day per week workout.

here it is: http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1475469

Try that, or try to re-work your schedule to workout more often. Or go in the morning one day a week, then you have three days.

I disagree entirely with a 2x week whole-body workout. It’s just an incredibly slow progress. OP, the work-out you have now isn’t too bad, but instead of ab workouts (which unless you’re either a bodybuilder of less than 10% BF I don’t see any reason for working) you should throw in some squats or deadlifts, which I don’t see in your curriculum. Don’t be one of those douchebags with a huge upperbody but toothpicks for legs and no back.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
I disagree entirely with a 2x week whole-body workout. It’s just an incredibly slow progress. OP, the work-out you have now isn’t too bad, but instead of ab workouts (which unless you’re either a bodybuilder of less than 10% BF I don’t see any reason for working) you should throw in some squats or deadlifts, which I don’t see in your curriculum. Don’t be one of those douchebags with a huge upperbody but toothpicks for legs and no back.[/quote]

I know where your coming from on the Whole Body Slow Progress thing, I dont really like the look of it!

I actually done Monday Routine today, Shoulders-Back-Bi’s…It was tough going, Burn felt great and was sore at the time, DOMS is still to kick in so wondering if Ill be sore tomorrow, If so I’ll know it went well :smiley:

I’m not sure what my BF is at the moment, I’d be very happy with 10%, I dont want a big waist or belly… What can I do for belly fat?

Were thinking of changing a few exercises each week on muscle groups for variety, Example I might do Flys this week so we can do Crossovers next week…

Anyway’s thanks for the replys, Keep them coming :smiley:

Stats: 18 years old, 6’1 and around 73kg, I’ll need to get BF tested.

I’ve been thinking, Properly too much. I want to start Bulking again starting January after Christmas holidays, Eating and Training, Recording and setting goals…My Diet failed last time as I wasn’t eating enough blah blah…

The thing that fears me when bulking is that I dont want stuck with a big gut, belly. But its the only way If I want to grow big right? My last goal would be to archive my V waist back and BF back down! Swimmers Body?

I’ll sort diet plans after I have sorted Training…I understand that to look big and strong you must be able to shift the weight! At the moment I’ve been doing about 3 exercises+ per muscle group working at 3/4 sets for 8/10reps. More effective if I worked at 4/5RM ?

My question: During the Bulk while Training, I’ll have two days, Monday and Tuesday. Do I stay with the original plan of Back Bis Shoulder and Chest Tris Legs, lift heavy and Improve my muscle mass and load? using big basic exercises?

I see a couple of things to comment on here.

Training: 2 days a week will work but it would be better if they were further apart. Do a light whole body workout on Monday. Tuesday do cardio. On Wednesday do a heavy workout based on Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Bent rows, OH Press, pull ups. That’s 6 exercises, do 5 sets ramped with 5 reps.

Get the most you can out of that workout. Make progress on every lift every week. Do pushups and other bodyweight exercises through the week at home.

Diet: Eat clean, eat lots. You don’t have to get fat to get big. Pay attention to what you are eating. Don’t eat shit.

Stu

I have a question about the program PozzSka linked…Can someone give me an example of a

LOWER BODY UNILATERAL MOVEMENT ???

I have no idea what that is. Thank you.

lunge, one legged deadlift, pistol, etc.

Can I have some advice and feedback on these programs?..

Monday
DB Shoulder Press 3x10
BB Standing Military press 4x10
DB Bent Over Lateral Raise 4x10
BB Upright Row 3x10
Bent over row 3x10
Lat Pull 3x10
Palms facing pullups. 3x10
BB Curl 3x10
Cable Curls 3x10
Abs

Tuesday
Knee Extension 4x10
Leg Curl 3x10
Squats 4x10-10-8-6
SLDL 2x10
Calf raise 2x12
Flat Bench press 4x10
Incline DB Press 3x10
Tricep dips 3xMAX
Abs

OR______

Monday
Bench press 4x10
Tricep dips 2xMax
BB standing military press 4x10
Palms facing pullups. 3x10
Bent over row 3x10
Abs

Tuesday
Squats 4x10
Knee Extension 4x10
SLDL 3x10
Calf raise 4x20
Abs

If you were choosing either or, it would be the second one hands down.

Thanks, is there anything I could add etc ?