Trainer Re-Created The Colorado Experiment

Yes you have tried to have a conversation with me about how you train everyday but through no fault of your own I have a hard time following what you are saying. Maybe it’s my lack of understanding the terminology , I don’t know but don’t worry about it, I’m guessing it’s not something I could ever do anyway .
Scott

OK… pictures or it didn’t happen. Fair enough for individual contributors. I guess I was thinking more about the headline articles by well known coaches. A lot of that seems to involve taking something on faith, based on the reputation of the coach or guru.

I didn’t intend my Scott report to be in the log section . Before in the old forum it was like a news report . I’d talk about recent events relating to Nautilus and Arthur Jones and Darden stuff and I’d talk about my workouts . I’ve been lectured more than once that this isn’t a Darden forum and only for direct questions to Darden but in the old days everyone including Darden would see and sometimes respond to what was posted . It all went to the same place . Now Darden will never see it and most Nautilus guys won’t see it either. Hey, that’s not my decision but what can I do? It’s the rules , good or bad. I’ve thought of deleting my log but haven’t done so yet for some reason I’m not sure of myself?
Scott

That’s not totally true. I’m interested in all of those topics; Nautilus, Dr. Darden, Mike Mentzer, Arthur Jones. I’m happy to participate in all of those discussions! I would like to see you continue your log and continue to talk about your training, any interesting HIT news or musings. Also, you can tag other members you want to read it by using “@“ and then their username.

1 Like

Where I come from, and I mean the old Darden forum , we’ve been doing the same kind of Arthur Jones based routines and exercises for 40 to 50 years but that hasn’t stopped most of us from debating, discussing , arguing etc etc about what works better and so forth and so on. Discussion of methods and theories , new revelations , equipment , controversies , discoveries or suggestions never ended . Here it seems its mostly lists of exercises done each workout with out much discussion as to why . Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Scott

Dude what? It’s just a daily routine of light activity. You brush your teeth every day right? Perhaps take a vitamin or supplement? Just keep adding to that list.

Edit: So this post doesn’t come off as being snarky. I’m being genuine here. Try to think less hard about it and it’ll click right away.

1 Like

As has been said by me and others, feel free to post questions, thoughts, discussion points, etc in your log or create a thread in any of the other sub forums. You can’t complain about a lack of discussion when you don’t want to bother to start any yourself. It sounds like you want others to come up with the topics and just be able to throw in your opinion. That said, jump into any of the sub forums and there are a ton of threads that people have started and have generated discussion. It doesn’t have to be limited to the training logs or Dr Darden’s forums to be worth checking out.

And again, I have tried to deliver just this to you and you abandoned it. On multiple occasions

Unfortunately I have a hard time following you.
Scott

Wouldn’t the solution be to have a dialog and ask questions, just like you want?

Quite the contrary for the time I’ve been here I’ve started quite a few discussions on here about Nautilus machines , bicep strength positions etc. but unfortunately I don’t think many on this site are interested in that stuff but I don’t blame you, as someone said it’s a very niche thing, very niche.
Scott

1 Like

Here, we debate and discuss what works better constantly. My log, 4.5 thousand posts in, contains:

High volume training
Triathlon training
DC Training, followed by a lot of low volume training
Bro splits
Upper/Lower splits
PPL splits
Metabolic conditioning challenges (the 10K swing workout)
Deep Water
5/3/1

And LOTS of discussions concerning the efficacy of each.

I can name a dozen logs right now with different styles of training and TONS of discussion as to why things are going on.

If you think we discuss things less here, I can’t argue that since I wasn’t on Darden’s forum, but I can tell you that I’d rather have people discussing less and actually trying more than people doing the same thing forever but talking more about doing other stuff.

4 Likes

I don’t know how forums work ?? ha ha , that’s a good one! Iv’e lost track how many years I was on the older forum. I loved it. I’m on camera forums, artillery forums and photography forums etc.I could write a book on forums! I stay here so far because I love Dr Darden. I’m sorry but I’m just not thrilled with how this forum works.
Scott

35 posts were split to a new topic: Training the Same Muscles Every Day

Maybe it’s because it’s hard to find those things ? When I look at logs I see all these crazy titles and most of the time I have no idea what they mean. Usually if I open one up I have no idea what’s going on there? It’s easy to get overwhelmed or lost and just give up .
Scott

As this thread haas gone well and truly off-topic, the “training every day” conversation has been popped over here. Please continue it there, it’s good stuff:

2 Likes

I’m gonna need some examples, because I can’t really think of any articles making actual claims that would need independent verification. Unless you mean things like “this exercise reduces low back stress” or “this exercise hits the hamstrings harder” aren’t statements you can take “on faith”.

A credentialed, vetted expert writing an informational article isn’t on the same level as Average Joe Forum Guy (no pun intended) giving advice to other Average Joe Forum Guys or, as is the case with this experiment, a trainer posting extremely poor Before/After pics and saying “This training gave us great results.”

Where are these photo / video check ins ? I’d like to see what some of these guys really look like? Scott

I linked to it each time I mentioned it. This is the most recent from February: Feb '21 Photo/Video Check-In

There will be another one in August.

I’d probably think of the logs more as the data than the analysis, if that makes sense. If T-Nation is the sample, we’re each part of the n in whichever variable arm (5/3/1, HIT, something rational like Meadows’ programs 100% of the time, etc.).

2 Likes