Trainer Image: Poll

Well assuming people want to improve and get bigger, the big guy would win out. I agree that size does not equal knowledge however, it sure fucking helps to think the person you are asking advice from at least looks like he knows his shit and you aspire to have a physique like that.

Any gym I train at or train clients at, total strangers come up and talk to me. Sometimes, the gym’s trainers are right next to me but that does not seem to matter.

Look at it this way, when you go for a girl, do you go for looks or character? You will get all kinds of answers and for me it would have to be both if I was going to be serious. So now you have two women, one is hot and one looks ok, who do you think I go talk to first to find out if the character matches the appearance?

A

Good post.

[quote]W@LRUS!1 wrote:
I don’t care about big, I don’t care about ripped, I care about strength. I want to talk to the guys who are actually getting the job done, not some pencil necked geek who’s only knowledge about strength comes from a book and not any practical experience. If I go into a gym and see a guy bench 500 lbs I’ll be asking him some questions. If I see another guy deadlift 700 lbs I’ll be asking him questions too. I won’t be asking some ACE certified dipshit, who thinks a 315 bench is STRONG, a damn thing.

It just so happens that in most cases, the guys that are benching 500 lbs without a bench shirt and deadlifting 700 lbs are big guys. But if I see some small guy moving those kinds of weights I’ll be asking him questions too.[/quote]

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Thats an interesting question. I would train with the big guy.

Reason being is that I have been asked by a lot of people who want to “get in shape” how I did it.

I answer honestly by telling them that I don’t know. Body comp has never been a problem, and I can’t say with any true knowledge how to lose weight.

Looks can be decieving.

[/quote]

There are guys that are naturally big and there are guys that are naturally lean.

If I were going to pay someone to train me this would not be the deciding factor.

I would not pay a significantly out of shape guy to train me.

Of course if my goal was to be a mass monster/power lifter/bodybuilder I would lean towards the big guy as someone who has been there.

99% of women would not want to be trained by the big guy, it would just fuel the “oh no i’ll get too big paranoia”

and 90% of lads want a 6 pack and beach muscles

so the underwear model guy would make you the most money

I’d want a trainer to have the look I was going for, whatever that may be.

Exactly.

Case and point. I just went to the gym during lunch to hit legs, fucking two-a-days, missed yesterday, anyway. So I am doing box squats and this guy comes up, sits down and just waits. There are two trainers near by that ask him if he needs something. He goes I am fine. When I am done with my set, he asks me for a spot and to take a look at his squat form.

Now I am sure these trainers there have all kinds of certifications and shit but they look like they hardly lift at all.

A

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
I’d want a trainer to have the look I was going for, whatever that may be.[/quote]

In all fairness I’ve seen the skinny looking guy in other pictures and that one makes him look real tiny. I’d rather look like him than Jesse Marunde any day. Jesse probably isn’t as versatile of an athlete as someone who has a body like that men’s health model’s.

I think it would be easier to take the smaller guy and add on mass than it would be to live with the joint problems and whatnot that Jesse Marunde bodytypes usually have from the years of absurdly heavy lifting they do. I think the smaller guy might live longer too assuming both gentlemen aren’t forced to fight eachother to the death.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
In all fairness I’ve seen the skinny looking guy in other pictures and that one makes him look real tiny. I’d rather look like him than Jesse Marunde any day. Jesse probably isn’t as versatile of an athlete as someone who has a body like that men’s health model’s.

I think it would be easier to take the smaller guy and add on mass than it would be to live with the joint problems and whatnot that Jesse Marunde bodytypes usually have from the years of absurdly heavy lifting they do. I think the smaller guy might live longer too assuming both gentlemen aren’t forced to fight eachother to the death. [/quote]

How much more versatile can you get than a strongman? They do a little of everything.

The big dude, but only because he is not gay. That other dude you posted is as gay as a two dollar bill. Look at his fucking gay ass hair. Do you have at least put up a pick of Pavel or Bass, jesus.

To sum it up, the less hair a trainer has, the better he is aside from Poliquin, lol.

Jesse (Marunde) probably isn’t as versatile of an athlete as someone who has a body like that men’s health model’s.[/quote]

So Jesse Marunde, who has proven himself as a top notch versatile strength athlete, is no match for a skinny model that poses for pictures?

BRILLIANT! You sir are an intellectual powerhouse.

P.S. it’s easy to loose muscle, but you have to work your ass off to gain it.

I think it would be easier to take the smaller guy and add on mass than it would be to live with the joint problems and whatnot that Jesse Marunde bodytypes usually have from the years of absurdly heavy lifting they do. I think the smaller guy might live longer too assuming both gentlemen aren’t forced to fight eachother to the death. [/quote]

I hope this is a joke becuase it is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen posted on this site and that is saying something.

I had picked that “smooth” picture of Jesse on purpose.

How does this one look? Is he cool enough for Men’s Health now?

Unfortunetly I don’t think it is since I just read some other brilliant comments by the same guy on another thread.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

I think it would be easier to take the smaller guy and add on mass than it would be to live with the joint problems and whatnot that Jesse Marunde bodytypes usually have from the years of absurdly heavy lifting they do. I think the smaller guy might live longer too assuming both gentlemen aren’t forced to fight eachother to the death.

I hope this is a joke becuase it is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen posted on this site and that is saying something.[/quote]

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
derek wrote:
Or this? (unknown)

Let’s play a game of word association. Honestly, when I saw that pic, the first words to come to my mind were “Swiss ball.”

When I see a trainer like that at the gym, I imagine he has his clients doing an entire workout based on weightless walking lunges and Swiss balls.
[/quote]

Would you say the same about Pavel Tsatsouline? If i could have a training session with any world class coach he would be high on my list, despite the fact that he has a very slight physique. You can not judge a mans knowledge, strength or ablility to train someone based on how they look

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
derek wrote:
Or this? (unknown)

Let’s play a game of word association. Honestly, when I saw that pic, the first words to come to my mind were “Swiss ball.”

When I see a trainer like that at the gym, I imagine he has his clients doing an entire workout based on weightless walking lunges and Swiss balls.

Would you say the same about Pavel Tsatsouline? If i could have a training session with any world class coach he would be high on my list, despite the fact that he has a very slight physique. You can not judge a mans knowledge, strength or ablility to train someone based on how they look

[/quote]

This is NOT a perfect world however.

It’s too bad Pavel might get overlooked because he’s so slightly built but that’s the real world. You might just have to learn the latest kettlebell techniques somewhere else.

And as my original post suggests, we’re going by visual impressions only.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Exactly.

Case and point. I just went to the gym during lunch to hit legs, fucking two-a-days, missed yesterday, anyway. So I am doing box squats and this guy comes up, sits down and just waits. There are two trainers near by that ask him if he needs something. He goes I am fine. When I am done with my set, he asks me for a spot and to take a look at his squat form.

Now I am sure these trainers there have all kinds of certifications and shit but they look like they hardly lift at all.

A

[/quote]

That says as much about you as it does about those trainers… Maybe it says more about you!

Not to mention that you made my point beautifully!

[quote]W@LRUS!1 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Jesse (Marunde) probably isn’t as versatile of an athlete as someone who has a body like that men’s health model’s.

So Jesse Marunde, who has proven himself as a top notch versatile strength athlete, is no match for a skinny model that poses for pictures?

P.S. it’s easy to loose muscle, but you have to work your ass off to gain it.[/quote]

Loose muscle? Brilliant! It is quite easy to obtain loose muscles! Everyone should be stretching more than they do now adays. I’ve even heard some suggest that muscles should be stretched after exercise for the same amount of time they’re contracted during exercise.

I don’t think you really “get” what I mean when I say versatile. Jesse isn’t going to be finishing any triathalons any time soon.

It’s also possibel that the lean guy only looks like he might have some endurance just because he looks lean and doesn’t really posess any athletic ability.

But having a body that’s come from doing 800 pound deadlifts and strength training only isn’t as appealing to me as having a body that’s developed from a combination of weights and endurance training.

W@LRUS!1 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Jesse (Marunde) probably isn’t as versatile of an athlete as someone who has a body like that men’s health model’s.

P.S. it’s easy to loose muscle, but you have to work your ass off to gain it.

Loose muscle? Brilliant! It is quite easy to obtain loose muscles! Everyone should be stretching more than they do now adays. I’ve even heard some suggest that muscles should be stretched after exercise for the same amount of time they’re contracted during exercise.

I don’t think you really “get” what I mean when I say versatile. Jesse isn’t going to be finishing any triathalons any time soon.

It’s also possibel that the lean guy only looks like he might have some endurance just because he looks lean and doesn’t really posess any athletic ability.

But having a body that’s come from doing 800 pound deadlifts and strength training only isn’t as appealing to me as having a body that’s developed from a combination of weights and endurance training. [/quote]

Have you even seen strongman? Didn’t think so.

I’ll talk to the big guy for training, and the ripped guy for diet.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I’ll talk to the big guy for training, and the ripped guy for diet.[/quote]

x2