T Nation

Trainer Gains/Loses 70 Pounds

Impressive Dude

Publicity stunt or well-intentioned transformation(s)? Check this guy out. http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/health/drew-manning-fit2fat2fit-lessons/index.html

i remember that from awhile ago. great job putting those fatties in their place

His wife sounds like a btich…

I love the people in the comments section making claims about genetics, etc., like “People with 6packs and perfect bodies will always have 6packs.” Seriously, all you have to do is look at the picture–not even read the article–to see that that isn’t the case. Pretty interesting story, though.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:
His wife sounds like a btich…[/quote]

Hahaha, I thought that too–leaving cakes and delicious, baked things out to tempt him.

Anyone else think he missed out on a great bulking period by not lifting during his “fat” phase?

Yeah but IIRC that was the whole point, to live the life of a sedentary, overeating person. Takes guts to do that honestly, and a bit of confidence/cockyness too if you ask me lol. Eating a shit ton and a least getting strong is one thing, but stopping completely and just eating non stop to gain weight is crazy, but he pulled it off.

that just makes me want to hate excuses even more.

This did make me chuckle.

I want to know more about this line:

"Before Fit2Fat2Fit, the self-described foodie wife would make treats, and Manning wouldn’t even look at them.

“Now he craves them,” she says with a laugh."

So before the junk food binge and weight gain he had no taste for treats, but after the experiment he craves them? That’s really interesting.

Just like you can adjust you eating habits for the better, to the point that you avoid bad food choices you can do the opposite.

[quote]grettiron wrote:
I want to know more about this line:

"Before Fit2Fat2Fit, the self-described foodie wife would make treats, and Manning wouldn’t even look at them.

“Now he craves them,” she says with a laugh."

So before the junk food binge and weight gain he had no taste for treats, but after the experiment he craves them? That’s really interesting.
[/quote]

It’s that addicting junk food shit. The sugar or whatever it is. He’ll probably crave that stuff for awhile if not the rest of his life.

I wonder if he never ate much, if any sweets at all when he grew up. It would be interesting to see a study done on kids who eat junk food at an early age and how it affects them later in life compared to kids who don’t eat any of that stuff while they’re young.

Take that fatties!

[quote]tareila wrote:
I love the people in the comments section making claims about genetics, etc., like “People with 6packs and perfect bodies will always have 6packs.” Seriously, all you have to do is look at the picture–not even read the article–to see that that isn’t the case. Pretty interesting story, though. [/quote]

yah that’s annoying as fuck. OH but he doesn’t really know what it’s like to struggle with fat… right because there are two different kinds of being 70 pounds too fucking fat?

I like how they say he drank “spinach shakes”…I’m pretty sure that was journalistic poetic licence.

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:

This did make me chuckle.
[/quote]

hahaha, he ends this wonderfully insightful comment with: “Sitting on the counch making ignorant comments about this guy will not get you laid.” An astute point.

This simulates a football player sitting around doing nothing in the off season and then dropping his weight during training camp

It does not simulate the average fat guy.

There are whole parts of being fat that he didn’t get since his experiment was so short.

Depression
health issues
Not getting a job because of weight and appearance

Those are just to name a few

He enjoyed publicity and a degree of fame during his year.

Not being forced into reclusion by friends…

His experiment would be more credible had he gained 150 pounds over 10 years…or even 5 to really marinate in the lifestyle

As of now though he’s just an athlete who got lazy as shit in the offseason. Then got in shape during preseason

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
This simulates a football player sitting around doing nothing in the off season and then dropping his weight during training camp

It does not simulate the average fat guy.

[/quote]

Dude it is not 1970, football players now stay in shape year around.

Ohio sucks by the way.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
This simulates a football player sitting around doing nothing in the off season and then dropping his weight during training camp

It does not simulate the average fat guy.

[/quote]

Dude it is not 1970, football players now stay in shape year around.

Ohio sucks by the way.

[/quote]

Wtf is in texas?

And bs on football players staying in shape year round. You saw how many injuries there were in the nfl last season…all due to dudes sitting around doing as little as possible.

O H I O