Trained by Eric Cressey

I just about shit a cupcake at the end.

did EC really train this guy? i would love to see his training regime

Holy frick.

Yep - he was trained by Cressey. The video link was given in EC’s latest free newsletter from ericcressey.com.

Yeah I would post the actual newsletter but I don’t know if it would be cool with EC.

Unreal. Thanks for the link.

I’ve always admired that ability (jumping). That was cool.

Good lord that was impressive!

Amazing…that damn jump was practically over his head. There’s a dude in my gym who does drop-your-jaw shit like this.

The guy reps out 315 on the bench, and does 245 lb. cleans like they’re nothing…then once a week he does sets of 5 box jumps: stacks 3 of them that come to his chest and proceeds to do the most effortless jumps you’ve ever seen, like he’s floating, and comes down perfect every time.

Then he does them sideways and I saw him do one–at the same height–one-legged…absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, impressive as hell, and while I can look at guys throwing up huge weight and say ‘I might be able to do that some day’, this is one thing I’ll readily admit I would never, ever be able to do.

[quote]Hambone1818 wrote:
Amazing…that damn jump was practically over his head. There’s a dude in my gym who does drop-your-jaw shit like this.

The guy reps out 315 on the bench, and does 245 lb. cleans like they’re nothing…then once a week he does sets of 5 box jumps: stacks 3 of them that come to his chest and proceeds to do the most effortless jumps you’ve ever seen, like he’s floating, and comes down perfect every time.

Then he does them sideways and I saw him do one–at the same height–one-legged…absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, impressive as hell, and while I can look at guys throwing up huge weight and say ‘I might be able to do that some day’, this is one thing I’ll readily admit I would never, ever be able to do. [/quote]

why not? I’ve seen people much less impressive than you do back flips and all sorts of shit. You should be able to do it if you start training for it. I’ve seen some fat little fuckers do some crazy shit when they train for it.

joo can do eet!!

-chris

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Hambone1818 wrote:

Anyway, impressive as hell, and while I can look at guys throwing up huge weight and say ‘I might be able to do that some day’, this is one thing I’ll readily admit I would never, ever be able to do.

why not? I’ve seen people much less impressive than you do back flips and all sorts of shit. You should be able to do it if you start training for it. I’ve seen some fat little fuckers do some crazy shit when they train for it.

joo can do eet!!

-chris[/quote]

It wasn’t so much a comment on my jumping skills as a tribute to that dude’s abilities. Jumping through the ceiling isn’t really my cup of tea, I’m 5’9" and outside of volleyball a few times a year I enjoy keeping my feet firmly planted on hard ground.

It’s funny how the other videos from this guy and his buddy have been ripped to shreds, but this one is getting such a positive response.

awesome. his speed on first jerk caught me a little off gaurd, like I thought the video was in fast-forward.

what’s his story (age, sport, etc.)

Guys,

Both Kelly Baggett and I have been writing programs, so it’s tough to say that Frank was a “product” of just one of us. What you can say for sure is that he busted his butt and deserves all the result that have (and continue to) come to him.

Here’s that newsletter, BTW:

This just went out in my newsletter:

Every wonder how ordinary athletes become freaky athletes?

Ever wonder what separates the athletes who bust their butts year-in and
year-out and make progress from the ones who work hard but still don’t improve?

I’ll give you the secret: it’s about training SMARTER, not just harder.

Frank Yang trains smart. When Frank contacted me in January, his vertical jump was 31 inches - impressive to the casual observer to fitness, but nothing a freaky athlete would write home about. Since that time, thanks to programming
from Kelly Baggett and I - not to mention a lot of hard work from Frank - our man is now jumping 39 inches. And, if that’s not enough, at a body weight of 162 pounds, he’s broad jumping 10 feet, 2 inches and doing four sets of ten on the glute-ham raise with 100 pounds of added weight. Frank’s the guy you gawk at in the gym right before you race home to tell your buddies about this brick s**thouse you saw - because he’s doing crazy stuff like this:

(it gets interesting about 40 seconds in)

Want to be a freaky athlete in 2007? Here’s your chance.

Many of the principles I used with Frank’s programming - and those of all sorts of successful athletes with whom I’ve worked - can be found in my “Ultimate Off-Season Training Manual.” From now through Sunday, December 10th, you can get those secrets for 30% off by going to the following link:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/adtrack.asp?MerchantID=84520&AdID=277711

Here’s your chance to be the freaky athlete everyone stares at when they go to the gym. What are you waiting for?

Happy Holidays,

EC
Eric Cressey

ec@ericcressey.com

More fuel to the fire:

hahahahahaha

(Just did them for fun)

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:
More fuel to the fire:

hahahahahaha

(Just did them for fun)

[/quote]

Using oly plates didnt look like the most intelligent thing to use for that. lol

That aside, thats incredible. I wish I could jump like that.